April 2014 Moms

Natural ways to induce/speed up labor

I am 39 weeks and my doc told me i'm barely dilated to 1 cm. I haven't felt any contractions or pelvic pains (apart from when baby is moving around and putting pressure on things). Had a growth scan done and he's just barely 6 lbs - so he's little, but not TOO little. Doc said i could start going for lots of walks to try to help speed along the process a little bit. Anybody have any other natural/easy at home methods that help speed up the process? 

Re: Natural ways to induce/speed up labor

• I can't say how well any of these things work but I have been using evening primrose oil and cranberry tea leaf tea. I'm "mostly effaced" according to my last visit but barely dilated.
  • When I was a FTM I was about 1 cm and 20-30% at 11 pm, I had my son the next day. 6 hours of labor and 30 min pushing.

Sitting and moving on a yoga ball can help open your pelvis as does sitting "Indian style" on a firm surface. Doing the hip tilt exercise helps baby move into a good labor position as well as strengthen your core for labor. Practice squatting to strengthen your legs for pushing, if your birth location allows that. Walking is always good.
  • Loading the player...
  • And during that pregnancy I never felt BH contractions, but the monitor showed that I was having them. I feel them during this pregnancy!
  • I know how stupid this is going to sound but I read pineapple can induce labor. I read that last Thursday and on Friday I ate 1/2 a pineapple, my water broke 7 hours later and 12 hours after that I had my baby girl in my arms!
  • Jenni0621 said:

I know how stupid this is going to sound but I read pineapple can induce labor. I read that last Thursday and on Friday I ate 1/2 a pineapple, my water broke 7 hours later and 12 hours after that I had my baby girl in my arms!

Actually, scientifically you would have to eat 7 entire pineapples to have enough of a reaction. Yummy treat though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Watching Captain America.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Serenla said:

Watching Captain America.

Didn't work for me. :(
  • maelic said:

Serenla said:

Watching Captain America.

Didn't work for me. :(
    :(
    I think your LB needs to see it, seemed to have worked for a few people ;)

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"