October 2014 Moms

Gender Reveal Ideas

fisk2005fisk2005 member
100 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
edited April 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Hello ladies!
We will be finding out the gender of our gummy bear on 4/28, at 17 wks. I want to think of a creative way to reveal the gender to our loved ones! I've attempted googling however, it was mostly for gender reveal parties (i.e. Games etc.). This will be something more intimate over dinner with just our parents. Help! What have you ladies done? Or have you heard of any cute ideas?
Thanks in advance!!

Re: Gender Reveal Ideas

• I have the same issue. I will find out on 04/30 and meeting my parents and in-laws for dinner right after (DH's birthday). I decided to make cards. The front will have a blue and pink bow and underneath it says It's A.... The inside I will put a pic of the ultrasound and reveal boy or girl on the inside. I guess I figure it's better than just blurting it out, and they can keep it if they want. On the ultrasound picture, if it's a boy I will put a little blue bow on like a bow tie and if it's a girl I will put a pink bow on her head.

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

Mommy2Boys09fisk2005
  • If you're crafty or a baker, you can still use some of those gender reveal party ideas. For example, have cupcakes for dessert with the corresponding frosting inside or something like that. :)
    Married since *7/13/2012* to my soulmate!

Surprise! BFP 3/7/2013, Missed MC, D&C @ 7w5d
    BFP 12/10/2013, Natural MC @ 5w1d

BFP 2/15/2014...Katia Elizabeth is due 10/23/2014!
     BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    fisk2005[Deleted User]
  • I thought about doing the cupcake thing as well! It's a cute idea. I chose the card option because I have to put something together quickly between my appt and dinner. If you can make it happen, that is a cute option!! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

fisk2005[Deleted User]
  • ss265ss265 member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic

With DS, I had the bakery make a cake with colored frosting inside it. Then when you cut the cake, you can see what sex the baby will be.

Other ideas are to open a box of balloons and have the balloons be the appropriate color. A friend of mine also sent out cards from Tiny Print (I think) which were included with her Christmas card - you scratched off a section to see what sex they were having.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

fisk2005
  • Right @Roseypants‌ I don't have time to bake! I want to have dinner that night lol I like the scratch off idea!!! I've also seen personalization of fortune cookies! Where you can put a message inside! @ss265‌
    Roseypantsmnbv9502!
  • If you don't want to bake, some sort of balloon reveal or even having them spray silly string could be your best bet. Or go out and buy a blue or pink "I love my Grandma/Grandpa" onesie and wrap it up and give it to your family as a gift.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're planning on incorporating our gender reveal with the family memorial party.  We both have HUGE families, so there will probably be around 50+ people there.  I hate the whole "let DH and me stand in front of everyone and be the center of attention"... It's fine for some people, but I don't like being the center of attention and having people be all bubbly and ooo/ahh with me.  So for our reveal I'm having my cousin and sister (who will know) put colored confetti in 50 black balloons, and everyone is going to go outside and pop them on the count of 3.  That way it's fun for everyone and might be cute for pictures :)  oh and kids will get like white confetti in case they try to pop it before 3 ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Raesofsunshine1fisk2005Mommy2Boys09
  • We are team green, but I saw an adorable idea to have confetti poppers made with pink or blue confetti inside. That was our plan if we had decided to find out! I think the shop I saw them was The Confetti Bar, but I can't remember for sure.

photo: YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!

fisk2005
  • Love the balloon idea!!! Adorable!!!! @MollyC20‌
  • I saw something on etsy. It's scratch off cards you can order where the person scratches off their guess and it tells them if they're right or wrong. They were really cute. I am thinking about sending them to relatives that don't live nearby

BFP - 2/5/14
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like that too! How can I find them on etsy? @melszum‌
  • We find out what were having the Friday before Mother's Day so I want to think of something cute to announce to the grandmas :)
    Anniversaryimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want to do something for DS to make it fun for him...I was thinking of getting some helium balloons (pink, blue, or purple for us with twins) and stuffing them into a box so when he opens it they will all come flying out. I have also since sex reveal playdough, where it starts white but becomes either pink or blue as you play with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
    fisk2005
  • The play dough sounds really cool!! @manateeliz‌ where did you find it?
  • I think a frosted cake with white cake with food coloring added to it sounds easy, yummy, and not too big of a production if that's what you're going for.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• fisk2005 said:

The play dough sounds really cool!! @manateeliz‌ where did you find it?

I think I saw it on etsy, but you could also make your own http://thelinkhome.blogspot.com/2013/09/gender-reveal-play-dough.html?m=1

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • I  :x this thread! So many cute ideas!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    fisk2005
  • Im doing brunch for the family and pretty much whoever else is nosey enough to want to come. Not sure if im going to use cake pops or not to do my reveal. Im even considering getting t-shirts for the dogs
  • lrobi13 said:

I saw this the other day and loved it!

future announcement?

This! I agree! I was going to post this as well! :) I think DH and I will do this, and just have a relative take the pictures. Doesn't need to be professional :)

imageimage
    [Deleted User]
  • This is similar to the one pp posted, but it'd be really cute for baby 2+. Unfortunately, DS would probably touch everything except my belly. I think the cupcake idea is really cute, too. You could always prepare a few of each color before hand and then use whichever color the lo ends up being :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jlabbe1123jlabbe1123 member
    250 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 2014
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/166419215/volcano-revealer-for-gender-reveal?ref=shop_home_active_3

Found this that I might do. Like the volcano you would make for a school project

edit: computer went crazy maybe this link will work :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • There's a cute version if you have kids ....

I love this...if we were going to tell people I would 100% do this!!!!!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards