C-sections

Clearance at 2 Weeks?

I had a C-section two weeks ago and had a doctor appointment today were my doctor gave me clearance to start doing a light elliptical workout (he said no running or anything beyond slow elliptical, walking, and planks until a few more weeks). I exercised regularly throughout my pregnancy up until the day I delivered and have had a quick, easy recovery this far, hence why he gave me some clearance to do a few things. I'm not looking for medical advice, but just curious what other women who have had C-sections have done as far as exercise after their C-sections and what their doctors said as I had always heard the six week rule. Thanks.

Re: Clearance at 2 Weeks?

• Hi (new here to this board, over from March 14). I had a c section due to rapid preeclampsia a month ago. I worked out with a personal trainer all through my pregnancy and the 6 week rule still stands for me.

I took my baby out to Target in her ergo the other day and have been bleeding huge clots ever since. Doc said I was feeling better so went out, overdid it, and am now paying for it and to take it easy.

I'm a FTM and had all kinds of issues with the preeclampsia, so I imagine each recovery is different. I am DYING to go back to the gym let's hope they let me at my 6 week appt.

Doing an elliptical at 2 weeks pp...I can't imagine because I was still feeling so rotten. Also depending on the incline you'd be "crunching" muscles around that incision - probably not a good idea IMO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh man. That seems too soon! I exercised through out my pregnancy as well but would not have gone to the gym at 2 weeks PP. I waited until 6 weeks then started slow. Listen to your body.
  • Loading the player...
  • I started walking around 2-3wks but didn't go back to the gym until 6wks.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Walking yes but nothing more. Your body needs to heal and you working out is only going to delay recovery.

• I am 17 PP and dying to get back to the gym (I am a fitness instructor & personal trainer!). I haven't gotten any clearance just yet though and have heard too many stories of people feeling OK and then doing something to set them back even more.

I am just walking now. I think around a mile (slow) is the furthest I've done and I was tired. Usually it's about 20-30 around the neighborhood at a very comfortable pace while pushing DD. I can't wait to add some resistance training though.
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• I was given clearance at around 4 weeks to start walking moderately, but nothing more until 6 weeks, and with anything to start easy and listen to my body.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I was only given clearance to walk but not far. I started walking just around the block when I was released from the hospital. At 6 week I was given the clearance to walk my normal route(s) which is about 1.5-2 miles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"