Dads & Dads-to-be

Need multiple car seats/strollers?

curious what everyone thinks about having multiple strollers/car seats?  both are going to be working parents.  

Re: Need multiple car seats/strollers?

• My wife stays at home, but I do know a lot of people find it beneficial to have more than one car seat (one for each car). If you already know who's going to take the child to daycare and don't expect it to change you can probably get away with one to save some money, but if you think you'll take turns often two would be ideal if you don't mind the cost.

You could probably get away with one stroller though, and honestly you'll probably end up with multiple strollers anyway. Main stroller, and maybe a sun stroller later on.

• awesome thx for that.  makes sense.
  • Loading the player...
  • For me, I have one, my wife has one, and my MIL has one.  My MIL is the primary care giver while my wife and I works.  This also gives us the flexibility to decide who can pick up our son or when he was really young and cranky I could take him for a 2am car ride without having to mess around with a car seat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Car seats are easiest if you have multiples.  Installing a car seat is not exactly an enjoyable activity.  We have one in my car, one in my wife's and one in each set of grandparents' for when they watch the kids.  You can survive with one stroller.
  • We were planning on getting 2 of the snap in bases and have on in each car so all we would have to do was snap it in to whatever car and go. probably have multiple strollers though
  • For our first we had a car seat in each car, easier if I had to work late and the wife had to pick up and drop off. My MIL also has a car seat which helped if she had to step in a pick up at the last minute. Now we are gearing up for twins (6 months now) and the double car seats are going to come in handy in our mini van. We only did one stroller, but ended up having a jogger and umbrella stroller for different occasions, but again, only carried one depending on what we were doing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thx for all the input.  i've decided that one infant seat should be fine and just get an extra base.  figuring one stroller is fine for now and just wait until baby is old enough for a jogging stroller
  • I got my jogging stroller in the spring after my son turned 1 (January birthday). It was really the perfect age. He's 3 now and he still wants to go with me about once a week and I go running 2-3 times a week. He wants to go the most when he's tired and wants a nap without admitting it.

Anyway, I got it from Costco. It's a wide one for two. He just sits in the middle and sprawls out. I paid $200 for it and have no complaints.

• https://www.twowheelingtots.com/via-velo-costco-trailer-review/

Here's a link about it. Looks like Costco doesn't have it, but Amazon does at the same price. I scrolled through the video and feel bad because those kids are strapped in and have helmets. I can't remember the last time I buckled my son in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"