Blended Families

communication

Why is this so difficult for XH?  Kids came home after visitation Saturday and said grandma had a heart attack. I texted XH for clarification.  Nothing back. My autistic son is very distraught. I have no answers to console him.  He still doesn't have suitable housing for overnights,2  years later. Can't communicate about that either.  I keep lowering my expectations. But it's difficult when kids are involved. Judge recently recommended XH attention support group for parents with kids with Aspergers. He won't go. Pretty soon DS will start refusing to visit.  I suppose I needed to vent.  Thanks
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: communication

• I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't have anything by way of advice but I'm glad you're able to vent.

Anniversary

(Jar of Bees- Le Blog)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry you are going through this.  It must be especially frustrating with a special needs child.  

As for lack of suitable housing - - can you take him back to court for that one?  
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, that is so frustrating. I can't even imagine....I wish I had some advice.
  • I am so sorry. I also have a son with autism and I find it is easier to simply explain to him the medical issue that the family member has had, leaving out the fatal part of course, I don't know if your son is the sand way but my son usually just wants to understand it. I hope this helps. Also feel free to pm me if you need anything, one special needs mom to another :)
  • I don't really think I can take him back to court.  I should specify, he doesn't have suitable housing for over night visits.  Selfishly, I would love a kid free weekend on occasion 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • WahooWahoo member
    If he's that cr*ppy a father, you can't really co-parent.  You have to parallel parent, or just parent as if XH dropped off the face of the earth / died.  Don't try to reach out to him or communicate with him - - you know you won't get anywhere.  Handle it all on your own the best you can.  If XH has any siblings who can provide information, maybe build a relationship with them.
    image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"