C-sections
Options

How many nights in hospital?

Last time I was in for 3 nights, apparently for this hospital (moved since last baby) 4 nights is standard. Baby got checked by the pediatrician and is healthy, I am eating, walking around and pain is manageable with Motrin so I'm really hoping they let me go a day early but I'm not so sure.

Re: How many nights in hospital?

• Options
    I was planning on 3 and on day 2 morning they said I could go home on 3. However, my baby had to be on the billiruben lights & I was staying with her. They thought she would be ok to go home on day 3 too. But, on day 2 evening they said she needed another day so we stayed for 4. 

Originally I thought I would want to get out of there asap, but I was glad I stayed that extra night...1 more night of help, one more night of observation.
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Options
    It was supposed to be 2 nights. That changed to 3 because of the hematoma on LO's head. It quickly changed to 5 when I developed a fever and needed an iv drip.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 nights. i was there exactly 48 hours

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    4 nights.  Checked in on a Monday and left Friday afternoon.
  • Options
    I was in 3 nights

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1st-1 night
    2nd- 2 nights

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I left after 3 but could have stayed four.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    First time, four nights and second time, two nights.
  • Options
    2 nights... Checked in Monday morning and was home by lunch on Wednesday.
    I was however given the option to stay longer if I wanted too. We pushed the exit so fast. DD#1 needed to be picked up from school and we also didn't want to pay for another day!
    I do miss having good delivered to me 3x a day- surprisingly it was yummy too!
  • Options

If they aren't keeping you for any specific reason and it's just standard to stay that long, I would just leave. Unless there's a true reason for you being there, they may not even ask you to sign an AMA form. 

I'm out now but seriously felt as I was being held hostage. You can't just leave from what I understand, you have to wait around for the OB to give clearance then the discharge papers to be signed etc. I didn't start to recover until I got home. It was hell being at that hospital getting no rest
  • Options

1st-1 night
    2nd- 2 nights

1 night for a C/S? Are you in the US?
  • Options
    4 is standard at my hospital but I begged to go after 3 since I was doing well and DD was cleared to go.
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I stayed 3 nights. Had DD on a Monday morning and was home Thursday afternoon. We could have stayed another night, but were anxious to get home.
  • Options
    I was in for four nights with the baby in the room with me.... it was perfect.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    1st-1 night 2nd- 2 nights
    Yep. It was about 30hrs. I threatened to leave AMA and they let me go.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Three nights for both CS but could have stayed for four if I wanted to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We had K in Switzerland and the rule there is you can stay a week and we took full advantage of it. Delivered her on Sun afternoon, left next Sat late in the evening. We're back in the US and I am now prego with #2 and I'm terrified that I will be kicked out after 2 days. I was completely not functional after 2 days. I have no idea how some of you people manage to take care of 1-2 kids 2 days after a c/s!
  • Options

We had K in Switzerland and the rule there is you can stay a week and we took full advantage of it. Delivered her on Sun afternoon, left next Sat late in the evening. We're back in the US and I am now prego with #2 and I'm terrified that I will be kicked out after 2 days. I was completely not functional after 2 days. I have no idea how some of you people manage to take care of 1-2 kids 2 days after a c/s!

DH is off work and helps a ton while I had zero help at the hospital. When DH came to pick me up he said I looked like death warmed up. I was pale and weak and hadn't slept the entire time. It was impossible caring for the baby while recovering. Once I got home I slept and recovered quickly.
  • Options

1st-1 night
    2nd- 2 nights

Did you sign an AMA form?
    I don't know if this varies state to state or hospital to hospital but I read that if mom doesn't comply they'll try and take the baby away by saying she's not fit to be a mom bc she's going against doctors advice. That scared me into just sucking it up and staying but I hated being in the hospital so much.
  • Options
    Was supposed to be 3 nights, but on day 3 was told one more day. DD was having jaundice issues and had to stay on the lights...I was not leaving without her. I was feeling ok but was honestly happy to have just 1 more day there for help and recovery.
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Options

1st-1 night
    2nd- 2 nights

Did you sign an AMA form?
    I don't know if this varies state to state or hospital to hospital but I read that if mom doesn't comply they'll try and take the baby away by saying she's not fit to be a mom bc she's going against doctors advice. That scared me into just sucking it up and staying but I hated being in the hospital so much.

No I didn't sign the form. Maybe they let us go because my husband and I are both in the medical field and MH worked at that hospital.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    4 nights is what my hospital did both times
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1A1A member
    4 nights with my first because he was born at 10 pm. 3 with my second scheduled rcs he was born at 10am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"