Infertility Veterans
Options

Second opinion- what would you ask? (Loss mentioned)

I am meeting with an RE at a new clinic this week. Any suggestions on what to ask other than expected protocol, repeat testing, etc?

My background in a nutshell:
- BFP after first IUI. Bad placenta, caused baby death at 20w.
- 4 more IUIs, BFN.
- IVF-- 14 eggs retrieved, 12 were mature, 11 fertilized, 7 made it to Day 5.
- Transferred 2, BFP. M/c at 6w.
- Frozen cycle- bfn (2 embies)
- frozen cycle- bfn (3 embies)

Thank you!!
Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.

Re: Second opinion- what would you ask? (Loss mentioned)

• Options
    Hi, 6 years of treatment for me so I hear your frustration. One thing I became obsessed with was my progesterone levels. I insisted on IM progesterone because I felt my m/c or breakthrough bleeding was caused by low progesterone. I was on IM and also crinone to overload my progesterone. After 3 years, 2 m/c, 2 clinics, 2 IVFs and a lost twin I got my son and feel it was because of the progesterone but who knows. The second 3 years caused a suspicion that thinning blood would help so I was on an injectable bloom thinner, livenox-sp? And again, who knows.
    I guess is they'll the new RE that you can get pregnant and want to know their protocol for keeping you pregnant! Those are the meds that were added to mine. I hope I have helped. I hope it all falls into place this time. Keep your head up and know you are not alone. I wish you all the best!
  • Options
    My phone auto corrected. I was trying to say I guess I would tell the new RE that you can get pregnant but what do they think they can add to keep you pregnant... Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"