Potty Training
Options

Pregnant & Potty Training

Hello ladies. I just found out that I am pregnant with my second child. My daughter turned 2 last saturday. We have been trying to potty train her for months. She is totally against it. She tells me no mommy no potty. Ive tried letting her run around naked. She thinks its funny when she pees on the floor. Recently she started taking her diapers off on her own. However she still won't go on the potty. Anyone have any tips or advice? I MUST have her potty trained before the new baby is born in November.

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Na

Re: Pregnant &amp; Potty Training

• Options
    I'm pregnant and potty training as well. My son just turned 3 and we waited mostly because I was more afraid then him. He had a short regression period but if we keep the underwear on him it seems to help. He does NOT like the feeling of wet pants. Also when he thought it was funny to go on the floor we started making him help clean it and that nipped that problem pretty quickly
  • Options
    dmhrn13dmhrn13 member
    DD pees on the floor any chance she gets too. I think I'm going to start the process again with a 3 day potty training thing. This way, we do it over the weekend & either my husband & I will have eye balls on her at all times so we can catch her in the act & get her on the pot asap. 
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    I've PT 3 of my kids and their ages ranged from 14-17 months & all were PT for day, nap & nighttime. It was very easy & stressfree. I think doing it earlier is easier because I think right now you are in the "no phase" & you will have power struggles (its clear from her behavior-with naked time she should be getting by now). If it was me, and you won't like this, I would stop and give her other responsibilities to make her feel big-setting the table, load the dish washer, etc. I know your wondering what that has to do with PT its giving her control of something and making her feel big & contributing. Then when the baby come PT while on leave. We PT my oldest when we were on baby leave & it was super easy especially since all a newborn does is sleep. And in turn it gave a lot of attention on our DS and made him feel really big. We never had regression issues either.
  • Options
    My son was a similar age when I was pregnant and decided he had to be potty trained.  I shut down my world for a whole week.  We didn't go anywhere (basically on lock down at our house) and I focused only on him.  It was stressful, but I soon realized the completely undivided attention was actually a blessing, as I was able to focus on him and have special time with just the two of us before baby brother arrived.  While some people don't agree with the rewards system, I found it very helpful and after the first week he was pretty much fully potty trained during the day (which I never would have guessed after the first three days).  Good luck!
  • Options
    I am pregnant and also trying to potty train.  I am a foster parents with our first placements of two little girls, ages 2 yrs old and 9 months old.  The 2 year old poops in the potty but we can't get her to pee on a regular basis.  I am due in early September and would like to have her potty trained by the time the baby gets here.  It is so much work and so tiring!  We have tried praise, different potty's, rewarding with candy and nothing is working!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    I am also pg and potty training my 25 month old. This is our second attempt. The first time, we were too "structured" and she freaked out. Now I am letting her tell me when she wants to go  - I offer reminders and praise (and stickers) for success. She got motivated again when she saw one of her favorite characters from a cartoon using the potty :)
    She is going 1/2 the time on the potty and half the time on her diapers. She is getting better at telling when she needs to go. I am not using pull-ups this time.
    It is easier when you know they HAVE to go - like when waking up in the morning. Maybe try one time you know she will need to go and praise her a lot?
    I second the control thing, so this is why I am doing a "toddler led" approach. It will take longer, but at least I am not constantly chasing her and cleaning the carpet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    hipschoolnyhipschoolny member
    edited July 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"