Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Ferber method night feedings question

Our son is 7 months and was waking up every hour and a half before we started the Ferber method. We are now down to one time a night and are planning to keep just the one feeding, but sometimes he wakes up before this time or after the feeding. What should we do? We have been getting him if it is 30 minutes before the scheduled night feedings, but if it is before that we have been letting him cry at the prescribed time intervals (he usually only cries for a few seconds now but tonight was 25 minutes). I feel like I am being cruel, only getting him sometimes when he cries and not others. Does anyone have advice who has tried the Ferber method or a similar approach? Please do not reply if you are just going to rip on me for using the Ferber method.

Re: Ferber method night feedings question

• Options
    We sort of have this issue too, DD usually wakes once for feeding but sometimes twice. If she wakes significantly earlier than her usual night feeding I give her 10 minutes before getting her. If it's close or if it's after her feeding I pick her up after 5 minutes. Sometimes she just seems to need 2 feedings instead of 1 and that's okay with me, especially since she's on the smaller side.

If she is not interested in eating and I have given her a clean diaper (my DD is pretty sensitive to wet diapers) or if she doesn't go back down after a feeding and clean diaper that is when I go ahead and wait for the full interval, although she has never actually gone past 10 minutes.

I think at this age with growth spurts, teething, etc. there sleep just is going to be a bit crazy. If you feel bad why not wait a shorter period and if he's still upset check if he's hungry/wet/needs an extra cuddle then put him back down.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"