July 2013 Moms
Options

Somerandomchick & others- girls diaper rash

Sorry all- i know this has been posted before

I remember SRC posted about Ros having diaper rash but I can't find the thread on mobile.

Eva has a terribly red vulva from 4 days of diarrhea and we can't seem to find relief. What worked for you?

We are doing some diaper free time now. She's pooped 4 times and peed 3 times already. But that's ok if it helps. I'm not using wipes, just water to clean her poops. Any other advice?

I'm also using destin maximum and aquaphor.

Tl;dr girl diaper rash. Ouch. Help. Thanks.

Re: Somerandomchick & others- girls diaper rash

• Options
    We've been fortunate enough not to have to deal with much diaper rash, but my friends swear by triple paste. They say it works better than desitin, A&D, aquaphor, etc. etc.

I hope it gets better soon for you and LO!
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    The combo of naked time and CJ'S BUTTer always works for us.

Also we use cloth wipes with a solution of mostly water and a little Dr Bronners baby castille soap which I think is nice and gentle on her skin.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@martyn17‌ In terms of naked time how long do you let your LO hang out in their bday suit?
  • Options
    @LadyBlue07‌ thank you ( I must've missed that post) that sounds really good. I'm tagging @NKaeding‌ again
  • Options
    Clyde013 said:

@martyn17‌ In terms of naked time how long do you let your LO hang out in their bday suit?

5-10 minutes pre bath and I always give her an extra pat dry with a cloth diaper insert to make sure she is super dry every change.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    Try A&D ointment.  It worked wonders for us after a horrid bout of diarrhea.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    What is A&D?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

We did baking soda baths three times a day a couple weeks ago when LO had a really bad rash (at the suggestion of someone on this board) . We only had to do the baths like 2 or 3 days maybe.    That coupled with Desitin worked for us

ETA we noticed a huge difference with the baths after a day

• Options
    Thanks all! We just did a baking soda bath. I read 2 tablespoons in water. 3x a day for 10 minutes. Then I lathered with desitin.
  • Options
    Lu Sa Booty Balm. The stuff is fantastic! It really helps create a barrier and is very healing. Its also organic and safe for cloth diapers.

Buy direct from the company and its much cheaper than Amazon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Carrie3102Carrie3102 member
    edited April 2014
    A&D ointment can be found in the baby aisle at target.  It is wonderful diaper rash cream.  We tried everything for my two back in I want to say Octoberish.  Nothing but the A&D worked. We did maloxx and aquaphor, butt paste, desitin, baking soda... none of it came close.  But A&D was the bomb.  and it's pretty inexpensive.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My favorite is resinol, but I am not sure if its prescription or they just keep it behind the counter here. It may also be yeasty if it doesn't seem to be getting better (like @casey78 said) and might need some nystatin powder mixed in with the butt paste. Otherwise, PP have given you some great suggestions. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    A&D here too. It did the trick for the ammonia burn she got over night.
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"