November 2012 Moms

babysitters

What are your guidelines for sitters?

-do you pick them up and/or drive them home?
-do you provide dinner/meals and/or snacks?
-what do you pay?
-what is your age min.?

anything else?

Re: babysitters

• We only have family watch LO. They come to us. Unless we are at my parents then we will leave him there. Sorry, no help. My best friend has a few high school girls that babysit for her babes and they drive to her place. She pays like $10/hr. But she's got 3 kids under 5 so it's a lot of work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • No help here either.  We've only used family.

• Loading the player...
  • We have only used my sister or close friend.  They come to our house.  I've always told them to help themselves to whatever is in the fridge.  One time, my sister came over at the last minute, so I ordered her dinner for delivery.  I've only paid for a sitter once, and I gave her $15/hour.  Right now, my age minimum is about 25-30.  When he's older, I'll consider younger.
  • We mostly use family, but on a few occasions we've had his daycare teacher. We pay $15 an hour (and usually round up making it closer to $20). We offer dinner and have snacks on hand. I would be ok with HS junior or senior for short amounts of time. A college student who wants to be a teacher would be great. But I am really most comfortable with his daycare teacher or family.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LoveBeingMrsALoveBeingMrsA member
    edited April 2014
    -do you pick them up and/or drive them home?
    She drives here. She's one of the girls that works at his daycare (& we actually didn't know that before we hired her. We got her name from my BIL & SIL before she transferred to his classroom). She's in college. We adore her & she treats Owen so well. 
    -do you provide dinner/meals and/or snacks?
    We give her money to get pizza delivered. I tell her to make herself at home in our kitchen so she can get drinks/snacks. 
    -what do you pay?
    At least $10/hour + the money to order pizza
    -what is your age min.?
    16? 17? I really don't know. It more depends on how they interact with Owen & the vibe I get from them. I absolutely adore our current babysitter. We did have a problem with a previous girl that I won't go into details about (it.was.awful!) & she was 15. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow, guess Im a little lenient when it comes to age.  I have a close friend's daughter who turns 16 in May and shes watched LO a few times and charges $8/hr.  I have a senior in HS who we pay $10/hr and she's a cousin of a friend of mine; we use her for longer stretches at night.

I started babysititing twin babies when I was in 9th grade so I was 14; guess that's why I felt ok with these girls.

I always tell them to make themselves at home in the kitchen and ordered pizza but my mom thinks paying for dinner is unnecessary. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"