November 2012 Moms
Options

tooth brushing

I'm just filled with questions today. Is anyone using kiddie toothpaste to brush their LO's teeth? We use water. Generally, LO likes to try to brush herself...so the teeth are probably not getting as clean as they should be. She will let me in there on occasion, but basically she really only let's me get at the bottom teeth. I'm wondering if the the baby toothpaste might work as an incentive.

also - anyone flossing teeth out there? LO doesn't really let me in there.

Re: tooth brushing

• Options
    We are using the baby toothpaste, just a tiny amount.  I am still brushing them for LO.   He seems to like the toothpaste.  Haven't even thought to floss teeth . . . I am not up for that challenge.
  • Options
    We use a baby toothpaste when we brush DD's teeth.  I think it's Oral B.  She doesn't seem to mind the taste.  We're not flossing at all yet though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still just using plain water.
    We let DS brush on his own, then we 'double check' to make sure he got them all. (He still just has front four top and bottom, 8 total, no molars yet)

We will likely start with non-fluoridated toothpaste either when he's got a couple molars, or he's closer to 2 years old.

Now,...where are the rest of his teeth?? DD had all but 2 teeth by this age. Lol.
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    I was about to ask this same question
    I've been using just water and am very pleasantly surprised at how much DD enjoys getting her teeth brushed.  I do think I'll pick up some kiddie toothpaste next time I run errands since she's got quite a few teeth, including 4 molars.
  • Options
    I got the toothbrush and no-fluoride tooth paste package. Sometimes I'll use water and sometimes I'll use the paste. Now that he has the molars, I'm using the paste more just in case. As for flossing, I've done it once cause he had chicken stuck in his bottom teeth.  Hubby had those floss toothpick things and that worked pretty good. Probably not a good thing because it was the ones with scope on them. He seemed to really like the flavor though and it was totally easy to just stick it in there and floss it real quick. If you can find some non flavored floss toothpicks things, I highly recommend those for flossing if you want to do that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have some kiddie paste and used it 2-3x...we use just water and I brush first and she brushes 2nd..she mostly loves dipping the brush under the faucet
  • Options
    until now we were letting her either gnaw on her finger toothbrush with toothpaste on it or use her nuk stick.  Today dr said we should start actively brushing them for her... I guess I knew it but was lazy... so here we add one more step to the daily routine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    kangtini said:

We are using the baby toothpaste, just a tiny amount.  I am still brushing them for LO.   He seems to like the toothpaste.  Haven't even thought to floss teeth . . . I am not up for that challenge.

This is us too
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    We brush but it's not consistent if I'm using toothpaste. Haven't even given flossing a thought. Like someone else mentioned, I manage to get half done well. Pedi told me to do one side well each night and alternate until I can get V to sit and tolerate brushing them all well at same time.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We've been using a finger brush.  I mostly let DD knaw on it while I get her ready for bed.  The easter bunny is bringing a toddler toothbrush and paste in her easter basket.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"