Third-Party Reproduction

Frozon Donor Sperm At Home Insem Question

I have a bit of a weird question... I did at-home insemination with frozen donor sperm. The instructions tell you to guide it right next to your cervix opening (not inside, I know that) and then squeeze the syringe. I used my right hand to feel my cervix, which I was able to do but my cervix seemed to be in a weird place. I used my other hand to guide the syringe in, but I wasn't able to put it right next to the opening in my cervix because the position was too awkward. I couldn't feel the end of the syringe to make sure it was right next to the cervix opening. So I just squirted and hoped for the best I'm afraid I didn't get it close enough, and the sperm won't find their way in! This is probably really stupid, but I'm just interested to know if it will still work if I missed my cervix opening completely. Thanks a lot for any help!

Re: Frozon Donor Sperm At Home Insem Question

• liz4pawsliz4paws member
    edited April 2014

There's still a very good chance! When you are ovulating, you produce cervical mucus which acts like a roadmap and highway right to your cervix. This way, no matter where they end up they swim through the stuff to get where they need to go. In a normal sexual intercourse scenario, none of this is ever done perfectly either but they get where they need to go all the time!  I'd hang into hope! :) GL

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Thanks so much! I guess I just needed some reassurance lol. Thank you again. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"