Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy Thursday!!! :)

I hate early spring. Allergy City USA.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

April siggy challenge -- FLOWERS!!!

• Options
    I really dislike texting I'd the conversation takes more than 2 minutes.

Its such a pain hearing my phone dinging constantly. Just call me. Haha

• Options
    Happy almost Friday to you @aander6! :) My UO: I don't like the Big Bang Theory. I think Sheldon is annoying.

I love Big Bang Theory!
    On the other hand, I dislike all drama series on tv.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options

Need to set this up before I explain...

Apparently someone thought it was a great idea to deploy my flight commander and send the assistant flight commander to training, so there is no leadership in the office, and of course, everyone is looking for them. They both have dry erase boards on their office doors explaining where they are.

I can't stand it when people completely disregard what is written there, or better yet, look at the words with a confused look and then ask where they are. Can't you read?!

Married since *7/13/2012* to my soulmate!

Surprise! BFP 3/7/2013, Missed MC, D&C @ 7w5d
    BFP 12/10/2013, Natural MC @ 5w1d

BFP 2/15/2014...Katia Elizabeth is due 10/23/2014!
     BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Also, on the note of diaper bags...

I've never seen a diaper bag that I thought was cute. Sure, some look much better than others but none of them are just fashionable or cute to me at all. Not one. Sorry, not sorry.
  • Options

I've never seen a diaper bag that I thought was cute. Sure, some look much better than others but none of them are just fashionable or cute to me at all. Not one. Sorry, not sorry.
    I have a couple of friends with hand made ones that I really like.  But they all sort of resemble Very Bradley designs, just nicer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    duckrduckr member
    I think popcorn is gross.

• Options
    I'd rather listen to ESPN Radio than any music station in the morning.  I'm sick of hearing the same damn songs over and over again....and also, I love Colin Cowherd.
    I listen to audiobooks in my car for the same reason. 
  • Options
    SusieBW said:

I have a couple of friends with hand made ones that I really like.  But they all sort of resemble Very Bradley designs, just nicer.
    That reminds me of my second UO...I do not like Vera Bradley. I just can't get into the busy prints and cushiony fabric no matter how "in" my mom says it is. No Vera for me. 
    Yeah, there seems to be no in between with Vera Bradley - people either love it or completely hate it.  I have two wallets, a sunglasses case and two duffel bags (large and small), all of which were gifts.  I like them, but I don't think I'd ever buy it for myself.
  • Options

SusieBW said:

That reminds me of my second UO...I do not like Vera Bradley. I just can't get into the busy prints and cushiony fabric no matter how "in" my mom says it is. No Vera for me. 

I agree. I think their stuff is so ugly.
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I hate phones (as I mobile bump....). I can't stand when people sit there in front of others in a social setting just messing around on their phone. 
    I agree so much with this!  It's sad when you go out and a group of people sitting together glued to their phones and not talking to each other at all. What's the point of hanging out then??

image              image
  • Options
    aander6 said:

I roll my eyes so hard when people have facebook pages for their kids. I don't get why you feel the need for them to have their own. They are way to young to need an online presence. Just add a few pictures here and their to your own page if you want to share. Your one year old doesn't need to be making status updates. 

My friend's baby mama made one for his 5 year old daughter...

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    I roll my eyes so hard when people have facebook pages for their kids. I don't get why you feel the need for them to have their own. They are way to young to need an online presence. Just add a few pictures here and their to your own page if you want to share. Your one year old doesn't need to be making status updates. 
    My friend's baby mama made one for his 5 year old daughter...
    I have a facebook friend who has a page for her 7 month old. 
     image image
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

I saw all the comments on the diaper bag thread and chose to not even open it. How much could people possibly have to say about diaper bags???? LOL.

I have a Skip Hop bag from DS that will work just fine.

Truth - I skimmed through a lot of it prior to my anti-diaper bag commentary lol
  • Options
    duckr said:
    Freak! ;)

I am obsessed.  I know it is so bad but I LURVE it.  

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
    Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
    FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
    M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
    FET #4 February 12, 2014
    POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dana2die4dana2die4 member
    edited April 2014

Nicb13 said:
    SusieBW said:
    I was just reading through the diaper bag thread, and realized I have another UO - I'm not into pocketbooks at all.  The feminine obsession with fancy bags is lost on me.  Though I have quite a collection of canvas tote bags.  LOL!  I generally feel the same way about shoes, with the exception of sneakers and flip flops, but I don't think that's what most women think of when they talk about shoe obsessions.
    Before we had DS I was very into designer purses. I spent an embarrassing amount on them whenever we had extra money. Now I just reuse the ones I have and dream of a day I can get a new Louis Vuitton :)
    I have to admit, I am kind of a designer bag whore as well, but it my defense, I haven't bought one in a couple years..haha  :|

• Options
    dana2die4 said:

Nicb13 said:

SusieBW said:

I was just reading through the diaper bag thread, and realized I have another UO - I'm not into pocketbooks at all.  The feminine obsession with fancy bags is lost on me.  Though I have quite a collection of canvas tote bags.  LOL!  I generally feel the same way about shoes, with the exception of sneakers and flip flops, but I don't think that's what most women think of when they talk about shoe obsessions.

Before we had DS I was very into designer purses. I spent an embarrassing amount on them whenever we had extra money. Now I just reuse the ones I have and dream of a day I can get a new Louis Vuitton :)

I have to admit, I am kind of a designer bag whore as well, but it my defense, I haven't bought one in a couple years..haha  :|

Agreed...well with the exception of not buying one in a couple of years :/

SO mentioned a cute Michael kors diaper bag as a mother's day present, I can't say that I argued ;) let's be honest, he wants to look just as trendy!! I think his addiction to MK is close to as bad as mine!! Lol!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CNJ4EVA said:

I think Bobby Flay seems like an arrogant douchebag.

I can't figure out why, but I think he is sexy as fuck.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    ADH0906ADH0906 member
    edited April 2014

CNJ4EVA said:

I think Bobby Flay seems like an arrogant douchebag.

I can't figure out why, but I think he is sexy as fuck.
    Ugh, me too. I can't figure out when this happened. He seems like a tool, but I would totally hit that.

I guess my UO is that I read the first couple of comments on the thread about Facebook baby pages and was not turned off by. Someone said they did it for their baby and only friended their moms and grandparents, so that their own feeds weren't all baby pics, and that seemed like a smart move to me. But I've been especially annoyed lately by a new mom on my feed who posts six pictures every morning of her three month old sitting in her boppy to show today's baby outfit. They're all identical and almost always say "good morning!" The kid's cute, but Jesus fuck. They're all the same picture.

ETA: finally opened the diaper bag thread. I feel like I stumbled onto another planet.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    duckrduckr member
    duckr said:
    Freak! ;)

I am obsessed.  I know it is so bad but I LURVE it.  
    When I was younger (like 10) my brother worked for a movie theater and use to bring home trash bags of it. I use to sit in them like bean bag chairs and rip a hole in the side and eat...a lot. I got sick a couple times and that was it for me! :-& :-& :-&

• Options
    Television chefs are like the guitar players of my younger years. It's like Anthony Bourdain is the grown up equivalent of the boy who played Metallica's "Nothing else matters" on his guitar in my friends basement in 7th grade.  They seem so cool, cocky, and comfortable with themselves which tells me, they'd all be great in bed...or maybe that's just my overly sexed pregnancy brain.  Time to go send a dirty text to DH.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    I will not participate in Throw Back Thursday or siggy challenges. 
    ::two chest pumps and a peace sign for Jenn:: ~ MrsJudgeyPants 

This is legal advice. Circa 2011 image
  • Options
    bennikki said:
    Television chefs are like the guitar players of my younger years. It's like Anthony Bourdain is the grown up equivalent of the boy who played Metallica's "Nothing else matters" on his guitar in my friends basement in 7th grade.  They seem so cool, cocky, and comfortable with themselves which tells me, they'd all be great in bed...or maybe that's just my overly sexed pregnancy brain.  Time to go send a dirty text to DH.
    This is EXACTLY how I feel about Anthony Bourdain!  You said it so much better than I ever could have, though.  I also totally have a thing for drug addicted rock stars (I know, I know), and Bourdain fits right into that category for me.
  • Options
    C_mo said:
    On a similar topic, I think that saving any kind of pages (email, Facebook, blog domains etc.) for your kid is ridiculous. I'm sure the internet will still be here when your kids are old enough to use it, and they'll be 10X more internet savvy than we could dream of being. So relax, they can take care of it themselves.
    Not necessarily.  A friend of mine from law school went to buy his name domain to build a website and found out that some cyber squatter had registered the name and was withholding it for some absurdly large payout.  The squatter literally went through some list of student names from our law school and registered a bunch of them because he figured that at some point, one of the students would be in politics or otherwise be a famous name and would pay big money to get it back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"