Parenting
Options

Fucking weight loss

My boss and I go to the gym every day. We do weight training and switch up doing legs one day and arms the next. We switch up the routines and then do about 20 or so minutes of cardio.

Great, fine, but eating has not been great. I'm on 3.5 months and have only lost about 2 pounds. That's fucking pathetic. I know lunch is my problem as we tend to go to the deli and I have to get something sweet with lunch but damn. I'm so down about it right now.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fucking weight loss

• Options
    Ugh. I'm with you right now. My eating habits have been shit. Ive literally been sharing chicken nuggets and crap with DS when he eats or I'm grabbing something on the go which is awful. Plus we've been perpetually sick in this house for the past 3 months so i havent been working out as much as I should.

I still have a good 15 lbs until im back to my pre-pg weight. Ideally, id like to lose another 15-20 on top of that. Clearly thats not happening too quickly bc I suck at this.

And I need to be in a bridesmaids dress in June for my brother's wedding. Fuck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Come join myfitnesspal with me! I'm on a 32 day streak if logging my food and it is going great. I have never been able to lose weight without keeping a log.
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My problem was an almost nightly bottle of wine for most of the winter And way too many bites here and there between meals. Seeing it all written down makes it impossible to deny
    image image
  • Options
    I'm frustrated too! The scale will.not.budge! Arggh!

Now that spring has finally hit I'm trying to walk at least 3 times a week. I bought some weights and my goal is to do arms and abs twice a week and I go to power yoga once a week. We'll see if this plan makes any difference. :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    Skinnytaste has been so helpful.  Her recipes really are delicious!  And most importantly, they are not too "diet-y".  I think a big mistake a lot of people make is going too hardcore, eating a bunch of fake food (artificial sweeteners, fake noodles, etc.) and they end up starving and say F it.  These recipes really are perfect for everyday life.  And they satisfy my husband and teenage boy!
    image image
  • Options
    I agree that logging food makes a big difference. My issue is that I manage to log breakfast and sometimes lunch with no problem, but then somehow it goes to shit after that. So yeah. Lack of consistency is my problem.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    To the healthy eaters in this post: what do you eat for breakfast and lunch? I find it easier to meal plan healthy alternatives for dinner, but I'm stuck in a carb rut for breakfast and lynch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    Have you taken any measurements? The scale may not be moving because you are building muscle (which is heavier than fat, but takes up less size). You can lose inches but not have the scale move.

And 2 pounds is not pathetic. It's 2 lbs less than you were before. Progress is good. Slow progress is better than fast because there is a better chance of it staying off. You also shouldn't be going every day. You need rest days to let your body recover. You should be going at least 2 days between an area, not hitting it every other day.

And the next question is- with that amount of workout, are you eating enough? If your intake is too low, it will kill your progress. Having one treat with lunch isn't going to destroy your day if the rest of your day is ok unless it is like 1,000 calories and oozing sugars. Then cut it to once a week.
    This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking, though perhaps better articulated.

The scale can be a terrible enemy. I suggest taking measurements and noticing how your clothing fits, and if that has changed. You should be proud that not only have you lost 2 pounds, but you are now more physically fit - and thus healthier - than you were prior to beginning your exercise regimen. That is more than many can say - even people who may weigh less than you. 

• Options

For breakfast I usually have egg whites or eggs, spinach, ham and cheese in a tumaros wrap.

Lunch is either a salad with grilled chicken, beans, sometimes hard boiled egg, and lots of veggies.  And a piece of fruit sometimes.  Today I have a taco salad (spring greens and spinach, tomatoes, ground turkey breast, black beans, cheddar, and salsa and light sour cream for dressing) or Portion controlled leftovers from the night before or chicken breast, sweet potato and sauteed kale (ala wcibn).

I am fine with eating the same thing for breakfast every day, and lunches even, but dinner I need more variety.

image image
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I actually do log my food into MFP and have been going over the 1500 calorie limit most days. I need to stick to bringing in my own lunch.
  • Options

I'm in about the same place as you OP. Since January 1 I've legitimately lost about 3 lbs. I've been busting my ass at the gym with my lifting and watching what I eat for the most part. Not a huge loss for what I have been doing.

I track my measurements for my chest, rib cage, waist, abdomen (at belly button) hips and thigh. I've lost a total of 10.5 inches (with almost half being from my abdomen). That's significant progress despite what the scale says.

My pants have been loose and I went down from a DD to a D cup so that's how I know I've actually lost something.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I actually do log my food into MFP and have been going over the 1500 calorie limit most days. I need to stick to bringing in my own lunch.
    Are you also logging your exercise in MFP? If not, you might want to, because it will tell you to eat more.
    -------------------------------------
  • Options

Are you also logging your exercise in MFP? If not, you might want to, because it will tell you to eat more.

I'm adding the cardio portion but not the weight training. I'm 5'8.5", 208lbs. I got the 1500 from a trainer. I thought it was low also.
  • Options

You see my results? Probably somewhere around 2500. Granted I may weigh more, but still. 1500 is crazy low if you are active. That's below my BMR.

https://theskinnyequation.blogspot.com/p/weight-loss-calculators.html
    Make sure you are coming in above your BMR for your current weight. Aiming for intake between your BMR and TDEE is a good goal (cycling between the high and low end can help break plateaus too). Ignore MFP and their arbitrary net goals.

BMR was 1714 and the other was around 2600. So should I aim for 1700ish?
  • Options
    @WhoCanItBeNow‌ thanks for all of your help. I was getting really down on myself. I appreciate your wise words. :D
  • Options
    I feel like an idiot. I still had MFP on sedentary and once I moved it to slightly active, the calories moved up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"