Third-Party Reproduction

Aetna Infertility Program Hotline

Hello Everyone.
Is anyone going through the Aetna Infertility Program experiencing any problems?  I finally registered with them and was told after I make my initial appointment with a covered infertility center to call them back for the referral.  The only problem.. I have been place on hold for over 30 mins at a time!!! My initial conversation for registering was very informative in giving me a sense of direction on how to deal with my re-occurring miscarriages.  I just wanted to know if anyone out there was using this and if so, any feedback or maybe even a back door number to get around the hold time would be greatly appreciated, Thank you and I look forward to hearing your responses.

Re: Aetna Infertility Program Hotline

• I'm so sorry that you are having this problem. Do you need a referral from them to get your services covered? If not, and you are having problems reaching them, I'd just work with your RE, who is going to be the main expert to handle your issues. My insurance has a bunch of added case management programs for various conditions. I typically don't use them as I'd rather work directly with my doctors. I also tend to view the insurance companies more suspiciously as unfortunately their goal is cutting costs, not necessarily your care. I have PPO insurance though, not HMO. GL to you!

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Thank you for responding. Still having issues getting though.  But I will take your advice and deal direclty with the doctors --Thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • @yayo76 I didn't know they had a program!  We used to have aetna, but were never told about this.  How does it work?
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards