May 2012 Moms

Birthday party menus

DS' birthday is in just over 2 weeks (wah wah). Same as last year, I am stressing about food for his "party". It's a small gathering at our house with just immediate family. There will be a total of 12 people altogether. We've scheduled the party for 3pm, so I don't think that a full meal would be appropriate because it's right in between lunch and dinner, or would it be? Should I order pizza? Should I make some baked ziti or something? Or should I just stick with finger foods and cake? What would you expect if you were going to a birthday party at that hour?

I always stress so much when it comes to having company and feeding them...even if it's only immediate family!

How is everyone else's party planning going? Are you having a big affair or small gathering for LO's 2nd?
BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15

Re: Birthday party menus

• ebl2ebl2 member
    I fully agree with PP. If it were my family they'd be staying through dinner time so I would first serve finger foods and then a full meal. Or you could just do finger foods and a heavy finger food like chicken strips or wraps. You can get chicken strip/wrap platters at a bunch of different places so you wont actually have to prepare them yourself. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• If it was us is still do a full meal like others said they would stay more than 2hours so then it's dinner time. But if it's a set end of say 5 then just snacks is fine, but I'd do cake earlish in the party since you don't want to feed them cake right before dinner time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd do cheese and crackers, cut fruit and veggies with dip and then cake :-)
    lo's party is at lunch so I'm doing sandwiches, fruit and cake
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"