March 2014 Moms
Options

Pacifier sizes

So these Avent soothies come in different sizes labelled 0-3, 3+ and so on. I saved 4 from my DD (I had opened the packages but she never used them since she sucked her thumb so I saved them for the next baby).
I can't seem to figure out what size/age they're for since its not printed on the paci and holding it up to the others, they look exactly the same.

Does it matter if you give a NB a paci that's supposed to be for a 6 month or 12 month old? Should I just toss them if I can't figure it out?

Re: Pacifier sizes

• Options
    The sucky nipple part is different sizes and may be to large for a NB and cause them to gag.
  • Options
    I would just buy new ones anyway. Pacifiers should be thrown away/replaced periodically. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You could go to the store and hold them up to the unopened packs (;
    That's what I would do, and compare sizes

I have a range of unopened packs at home that I was I was comparing them to and they all look the same size. Maybe my eyes aren't that great, I'll see if DH can tell a difference
  • Options

I would just buy new ones anyway. Pacifiers should be thrown away/replaced periodically. 

But they were never used
  • Options
    Looking at our pacifiers the differences I can see are with the Nuk kind - the nipple part gets significantly larger as the age range for the pacifier increases (makes me wonder, as the baby grows, does your nipple really get that much bigger?? but, that's a random thought).  The difference I noticed in the Avent soothies was the younger ones are softer and easier to chew, not as stiff (does that make sense?)
  • Options
    My kids are so picky about pacifiers.  I've tried the soothie ones and the nuk kind for both.  Unless they are in a rare mood, they gag and spit them out. 

DD1 now thinks the baby's pacifier is the best thing ever and if we don't keep it out of reach, it's in her mouth.  She never liked her own pacifiers - go figure.  The only one who likes the older, hard soothie pacifier is the cat.  He picks up the pink 18 month pacifier and runs around the house with it.  Weirdo.
  • Options
    TX08Aggie said:

Looking at our pacifiers the differences I can see are with the Nuk kind - the nipple part gets significantly larger as the age range for the pacifier increases (makes me wonder, as the baby grows, does your nipple really get that much bigger?? but, that's a random thought).  The difference I noticed in the Avent soothies was the younger ones are softer and easier to chew, not as stiff (does that make sense?)

That makes sense, so this brand may not vary too much in size, but in firmness. Maybe I'll take out the new ones and compare that way. Will have to mark them too. Now if I was smart I would have just bought them in 1 color per size. Doh!
  • Options
    memo9memo9 member
    TX08Aggie said:
    My kids are so picky about pacifiers.  I've tried the soothie ones and the nuk kind for both.  Unless they are in a rare mood, they gag and spit them out. 

DD1 now thinks the baby's pacifier is the best thing ever and if we don't keep it out of reach, it's in her mouth.  She never liked her own pacifiers - go figure.  The only one who likes the older, hard soothie pacifier is the cat.  He picks up the pink 18 month pacifier and runs around the house with it.  Weirdo.
    My DD did this too when her cousin was born last year!  We tried and tried to get her to take one with no luck.  Sorry kid, you don't get to develop a paci habit at 18 months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"