VBAC

My unsuccessful vbac

I used this group for motivation for my vbac, the purpose of this post is to share my experience with you all, not discourage you.
I woke up on Monday at 3:00am with contractions every 5-10mins. I had very frequent bowel movements and felt most comfortable on the toilet. I stuck it out all day and waited for my weekly ob visit that afternoon. Sadly I was only 1cm, 90% effaced, -1 station so it was called early labor. I went home and labored that whole night, the pain was bad enough that I still had not slept. At 12:30 I woke dh up and told him it's time to go if we get sent home, we get sent home. I was cursing through contractions every 5-7 mins and starting to shake. On our 45 min commute they picked up to every 3 mins. The ob checked me and I was 3-4cm so it was go time. I got an epi and was checked about 6hrs later, 8cm. I was so excited, I was getting my vbac. A couple of hours later still 8. A couple hours after that 9cm, 100%, 0. 6hrs later the exact same. They upped my pitocin at this point and I started to have back labor. 2hrs later and my cervix started to swell so they called it an 8. At that point they said that I had to have a section for failure to progress bc they couldn't use a stronger dose of pitocin bc I was vbac. 40 hours into labor, 40 hours of no sleep, 1cm from getting my vbac and I was wheeled to the or. 15mins later I heard sweet baby cry.
I do not in any way regret trying for a vbac. I am so proud of how far I got and how long I labored. So even though my vbac was unsuccessful, I was successful in giving my body the change to labor. Now I don't feel so cheated in the experience. Good luck ladies.

Re: My unsuccessful vbac

• Congratulations on your new squishy!  Thanks for sharing your experience.  Even though things didn't go the way you wanted them to, I'm glad you had a positive experience. 
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Congrats on your new baby and congrats on getting so far.  

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Out of curiosity why did you have a c/s on the first? Sorry things did not go as planned but congratulations on the new baby :)
  • Thanks for sharing! Sorry you didn't get your VBAC. Do you mind sharing why you had your first c-section?  With my first baby I got stuck at 9 as well and had a c-section.  I wish they let me wait longer but they didn't.  This time I'm hoping they let me wait as long as I want!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Congrats on your new baby! I'm glad you got the chance to labor and gave it your all and that baby's safe. I think that's what most of us want more than anything - just a chance. Sounds like you had a good team. Congrats again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ehpopeehpope member
    Thanks for sharing your story, glad to hear you didn't regret your decision! I'm looking into having a VBAC and an glad to have read your experience!
  • fsumomfsumom member
    Congrats on your baby!  May I ask why you had Pitocin at all?  Pitocin increases the chance of having a c-section.  My OB will not give me Pitocin so my body has to do its own thing.  
    ~Jessica~ 

• Congrats on your baby and sorry you weren't able to have you VBAC.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks for sharing, and congrats on LO! I attempted a VBAC in October and also ended in repeat c-s...I will post my story soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you for sharing. I am hoping for a vbac as well, but at the same time I know that there is always the possibility of being unsuccessful too. Like you, I am hoping that if nothing else, I get the opportunity to labor. Hearing your story is encouraging that even if it all doesn't go exactly the way we want, there is still a positive experience to be found in trying.

My first was overdue when they induced me. Despite being on Pitocin labor, I feel like I didn't experience labor the way it was suppose to be and I sometimes wonder if the failure to progress and consequential ceasarian wasn't because my daughter just wasn't ready to be born.
  • Thank you for sharing!  That sounds so much like why I had to get my C-section with my first.  Congratulations your baby!!!! 
  • congrats and so glad you made it as far as you did! along with the pitocin, did you have an epi?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"