Parenting after a Loss
Options

Sweet Potato Allergy (andreahshields)

Well, I got confirmation from the doctor's office that Phoebe has a mild sweet potato allergy.  I've never heard of anything like this.  At her last visit, the doctor said she was going to do standard allergy testing, and I asked if it's even possible to have a sweet potato allergy.  She said maybe and that they'd throw that test in too.  Sweet potato was one of the first foods I ever made for Phoebe, and she did get super ill.  I assumed there was something wrong with the way I prepared it, but then we tried packaged sweet potato a couple weeks later, and she had the same reaction.  I haven't tried again since then, so it's not really an issue.  I'm just wondering if anybody else has experience with this or knows if this means she could have other food allergies in the future.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage

Re: Sweet Potato Allergy (andreahshields)

• Options
    I will keep an eye out, but she does eat lots of table foods and doesn't seem to have problems with anything else.  I'll consider more testing later if it becomes a problem, but for now we are good.  Just no sweet potato pie during the holidays!

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"