August 2012 Moms
Options

Ear tubes?

Anyone else already proceed with these? The first 13 months they were home with me and we all never got sick but this last year at school my son is on ear infection number 9! I had tubes as a kid so I'm not real crazed although I will be that day! How did your baby do?

Re: Ear tubes?

• Options
    DD had them twice. She did great. The first time I caught a bug while arc the hospital and ended up sick while she ran around like nothing ever happened! GL!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    DS had tubes put in at 17 months and it made a huge difference. The day of was not fun but harder on us than him. Have you been to an ENT yet?

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS got tubes at 6 months and has done great! He has only had 2 ear infections since. They are probably going to fall out soon seeing as he is growing and I am hoping we don't have to do them again. He had two surgeries the day he had tubes and he was up and running around the next day. didn't even phase him! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had them at 18 months. Day of wasn't fun. Bring a paci even if they don't really use it. And he just snuggled all day. Later he was fine and next day he was perfect. By his follow up hearing test, they were clogged. So he failed. But he's doing great besides that!
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    T had them in at 6 months. Hasn't done a thing for him. Still got ear infections at least 1-2 a month until about 15 months when he really started walking and I assume the tubes grew so that they are now able to drain on their own. I guess the only benefit was that it prevented his drums from exploding.

• Options
    I had tubes as a baby.

Are they only used because of numerous ear infections?
  • Options
    No they are also used for delayed speech or not hearing well which was my case. For my son it's 9 ear infections. The ENT wants to do adenoids too but ped said no even though he's big.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"