1st Trimester

Threatened miscarriage

Hi everyone. This is my first pregnancy an I have been placed on a two week bedrest until my next appt. Right now I am 6 weeks 2 days. I started lightly bleeding Sunday morning after a trip to the restroom, along with slight to mild cramping. We went straight to the ER. The doctor did a transvaginal u/s and said everything is ok, 1600 hcg level. My Cervix was closed. I was given a IV to hydrate myself and sent home. Fast forward to this morning, started bleeding heavily so my doctor squeezed me in for an appt this afternoon. Again ultrasound good, heavybleeding but was prescribed progesterone. Btw, cervix still closed. Does anyone have any experience with progesterone and/or threatened miscarriages?

Re: Threatened miscarriage

• When my spotting turned to heavier bleeding with my last pregnancy I was put on progesterone.  We had an ultrasound that same day and saw what appeared to be a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat.  Unfortunately for me I miscarried 24 hours later.  My friend however was having bleeding and passing clots and was put on progesterone and she is now 19 weeks pregnant.  So every case is different.  Hope yours has a happy ending!

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • I started having heavy bleeding and literally the worst cramps I've ever had in my life when I was about 6 weeks. I went to the ER unaware that I was even pregnant (I thought my uterus was falling out or something lol) they did a urine and blood test and before I got my results they did a transvaginal u/s where we discovered my pregnancy. I was given something for the pain and was sent home. A couple days later I went back to get my hcg levels checked and they more than doubled. Long story short (kinda), I'm currently almost 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy. I haven't had any issues since that night at the ER.

I would just follow your drs advice and relax. Whenever they diagnose a threatened miscarriage, they're basically saying " you're pregnant and bleeding and we don't know why because everything looks fine". Try not to stress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"