Parenting
Options

Semi-update to my development concerns about DS

So today was an odd but somewhat relieving day for us.

DS ran a fever of like 102 all day yesterday and was super sleepy today. He also broke out in a weird rash all over today, so I called the dr. They said to bring him in.

Turns out, hes having a reaction to the MMR shot he got about 10 days ago. The rash looks a lot like measles (which scared the crap out of me!) and this coupled with the fever yesterday, in regards to the timing of the shot, points to a shot reaction, rather than an allergy or something else.

While we were there, I asked about the talking/walking re: my concerns and whatnot. The dr did a quick assessment to check for eye contact, response to calling his name, etc and walked him around the room, and then replied, "honestly...calling EI for an eval is never a bad thing, but IMO, there aren't enough red flags to concern me at this point. Sure, his gait is a little immature for 14/15mo, but not enough to really concern me. As far as talking, id like him to be ATTEMPTING to talk, with consonant sounds, making eye contact, and trying to interact. At this age, I'm not as concerned with actual words YET." He also mentioned that the way DS was making good eye contact and pointing/reaching for things was reassuring. All in all, DS is a bit on the later side than he prefers, but nothing too concerning, but he also said an EI eval definitely couldn't hurt just to see what they say.

So yeah..I feel a bit more at ease. I do still plan to call and get him evaluated to see what they say, but I'm not as anxious anymore...which is a good feeling.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Semi-update to my development concerns about DS

• Options
    Thanks, I hope he starts making some leaps too so I can worrying! But hearing some reassurance from the pedi was what I needed to at least alleviate some anxiety.

He also helped me feel more comfortable taking that step towards getting him evaluated... and let me know that utilizing that resource is never a bad thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"