March 2014 Moms
Options

**^**Cloth Diaper Check-In**^**

how are the CD mama's doing??

1. Are you a CD virgin or seasoned pro?

2. How much does your LO weigh and are they chunky or skinny?

3. How often are you using CD?

4. How is the washing routine going?

5. What are your favs?

6. Are any of your CDs not working or are there any you just don't love?

7. How many CDs do you have?

8. what will you be getting more of or using next?

9. PIP your LO in cloth!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
>Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **^**Cloth Diaper Check-In**^**

• Options
    YankeePeach08YankeePeach08 member
    edited March 2014
    1.  Are you a CD virgin or seasoned pro?
        My cherry has been popped, I CDed DS1 from week 1

They are right around the 8 lb mark but I had them in cloth around 6 lbs. There legs are chunky to me but probably not that big.

All day. I use sposies at night b/c I can go longer without changing them.

Good, same as when DS was in cloth. Cold rinse, add rockin green detergent and do a hot wash with cold rinse and an extra rinse. then we dry on a rack next to a sunny window.

5. What are your favs?
      We use thirsties and kissaluvs fitted and I LOVE the thirsties covers with the double leg gussets.
       We also have BG AIO but I don't think the XS is absorbent enough, I won't leave it on for long.

I only use fitted for the NB stage, after that I don't like how they hold moisture next to LO skin.

I think I have 4 dozen for the NB stage.

After they outgrow the NB dipes I'll use BG AIO and pockets and also Fuzzibunz pockets.

9. PIP your LO in cloth!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"

• Options
    Oops, forgot a pic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    1. Are you a CD virgin or seasoned pro? Virgin, haven't been able to say that in awhile :)

2. How much does your LO weigh and are they chunky or skinny? 7lbs and skinny

3. How often are you using CD? Day time only since they are still big on him

4. How is the washing routine going? 50,000 buttons pushed on my fl washer with homemade cd soap!

5. What are your favs? Prefolds with a cover

6. Are any of your CDs not working or are there any you just don't love? Not yet!

7. How many CDs do you have? 2dozen prefolds, 6 covers, and 10 pockets

8. what will you be getting more of or using next? Not sure yet haven't used the pockets yet so idk if they are any good yet!
  • Options
    jrw526jrw526 member
    edited March 2014

We're CD vets.

DD weighs about 8lbs and is skinny.

100% of the time.

Great! We mastered our routine with DS. Cold rinse. Hot wash with 2 tbs original tide powder and 2 cold rinses.

5. What are your favs?

I love our newborn simplex.

Everything is working for now. I'm ready to get out of the prefolds and into our one size pockets.

About 24 in our newborn stash. A combo of pockets, fitteds, and prefolds.

About 36 in our regular stash.

I'm ready to move into our one sized pockets. I really like the simplex newborns and I might have to splurge and get a few simplex one size.

9. PIP your LO in cloth.

ETA: number of diapers.
  • Options
    Cloth virgin here.

Sloan is currently 6 pounds and is skinny! We've been using cloth since birth- at 5 pounds.

Using cloth 100 percent of time.

Washing is good- I start the wash when I get up from diapers the day before and overnight. Cold quick wash then hot cycle with extra rinse- use 3 tbsp of hard rockin green.

I'm currently using cheapie TXY ( I think that's the name) I bought them thinking they were thirsties but she fit so well and hold moisture well! Also have used my thirsties pocket. I still have soft bums to try out

I don't like the BG - they are bulky in my opinion.

I have about 20 of my TXY brand which is what I'm mainly using. About 10 thirsties pockets and 12 soft bums

Next I will be getting thirsties AIO! So excited now that I know what we like.

And I need to take a pic. Bad mommy right here not having that pic already

• Options
    1. Are you a CD virgin or seasoned pro? Virgin! But we've been using them for about 7 weeks now!

2. How much does your LO weigh and are they chunky or skinny? 8 lbs at 4 weeks- go back next week for her 2 month so I'm guessing around 9 lbs. she's a lanky little thing!

3. How often are you using CD? All the time! Mil and FIL even started using them when they babysit.

4. How is the washing routine going? Was using a little too much tide but fixed that and all is good.

5. What are your favs? Prefolds and fitteds under my thirstie covers.

6. Are any of your CDs not working or are there any you just don't love? Not loving pockets as much as I thought I would bc we've had a few leaks in them, but they are dh's and FIL favorites.

7. How many CDs do you have? About 36 nb, which all still fit (the prefolds she's about to outgrow!) and 24-30ish OS, I honestly can't remember.

8. what will you be getting more of or using next? I'm looking at some heavy soaker fitteds for overnight. She's a crazy pee-er come overnight! Maybe a sbish? They seem well loved on the cd board.

9. PIP your LO in cloth!
    Kinley was only one week old in this pic! Time flies way too fast!
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    Virgin!

She's in between. She's long so her almost 10lbs is spread out a bit.

Right now we're not. Our entire stash is OS and we're waiting til we get the hang of having a baby.

4. How is the washing routine going?n/a yet

5. What are your favs?
    Can't say yet. We mainly have fuzzibunz, bumgenius and some kawaiis.

32ish. All pockets and AIOs.

I'd like to eventually get some GMD workhorses

9. PIP your LO in cloth!
    Gah I wish I had a pic. Maybe in the next week or so.

• Options
    memo9memo9 member
    I wouldn't say I'm a pro, but I started with DD in 2011

He was 14lbs 9oz last week... He's obviously pretty chunky. ;)

I would say about 75% of the time.  Almost always cloth at home and disposables for going out.

OK.  We have hard water and I'm not feeling like they are getting clean enough.  I tried a new detergent today.

5. What are your favs?
    Bumgenius elementals

A lot of the diapers I loved with DD aren't working for DS.  He's a pretty heavy wetter.  NB diapers were a complete bust for him.  He wore his newborn simplex for all of two weeks.  Thankfully they were super easy to re-sell!

I'm not sure.  I think 24 OS all in ones, 10-ish sized all in ones, 10-ish OS pockets, a couple PUL covers & some prefolds and flats.

I definitely want some more elementals... preferably the old style.

9. PIP your LO in cloth!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Are you a CD virgin or seasoned pro? Virgin

2. How much does your LO weigh and are they chunky or skinny? Skinny - just over 8 lbs

3. How often are you using CD? Every day.  Using sposies at night.

4. How is the washing routine going?  We are washing a load every third day.

5. What are your favs? So far, I only have 2 types that we can fit into and of those, I like the Charlie Bananas best.

6. Are any of your CDs not working or are there any you just don't love?  The other kind that I have are Fuzzibunz and they are a bit bulky compared to the Charlie Bananas, but I like them okay too.

7. How many CDs do you have? We have 9 charlie banana extra small, 4 kissaluvs fitted, 1 babykicks, 11 OS fuzzibuns and 12 OS Kawaii baby.

8. what will you be getting more of or using next?  I want more velcro OS pocket diapers, but haven't decided which yet!

9. PIP your LO in cloth! His first - it was a kissaluvs fitted at 5 days old.

• Options
    1. Are you a CD virgin or seasoned pro? Pro

2. How much does your LO weigh and are they chunky or skinny? He's around 10 lbs and skinny

3. How often are you using CD? DS1 (2.5) since day 2, DS1 since his very first diaper

Good. DS1's diapers are every 2-3 days and DS2's are every 1-1.5 days

5. What are your favs?

For DS2 we love GMD prefolds during the day and THX newborn AIOs at night. DS1 is in alvas and sun babies

6. Are any of your CDs not working or are there any you just don't love? Not with what I'm currently doing.

7. How many CDs do you have? Close to 300 between prefolds, fitteds, pockets and AIOs in every size.

8. what will you be getting more of or using next? Bigger sized prefolds and getting into fitteds w

9. PIP your LO in cloth!
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"