November 2014 Moms
Options

HIMYM Finale Tonight

The series finale is tonight! Are you sad, excited or just happy to see it end? For me personally, I know I will be shedding some serious tears!

TTC #1 since August 2012

BFP 7/5/13 ~EDD 3/17/14 - MC 7/22/13

DX PCOS 9/17/13 - Cyst on left ovary benched on BCP

10/12/13 Cyst is gone starting cycle #1 Femara - U/S shows no response

11/19/13 Large cyst on right ovary. Benched again.

12/18/13 2 cm cyst still on my right ovary. Back to BCP. 

1/10/14 start femara 5mg for 10 days

IAmPregnant Ticker}

Re: HIMYM Finale Tonight

• Options
    I'm so sad. I cried last week because I know the end is so close!!
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thing the show has gotten a little dumb the last couple seasons, but since I watched it so long I just kept watching.

I really really hope the mother isn't dead or some other ridiculous ending. That would be so disappointing.But, I'm still excited to see how they wrap it up.
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am excited to see the finale. I hope it is good! I got hooked during the 2nd season, which I still believe is the best season of the show.

• Options
    This last season has been a disappointment for me.  I'm just going to be glad it's over.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @venussapphire‌ I read some theories that the mother might be dead or really sick. If that's the case I am going to be so mad! What a terrible ending!

TTC #1 since August 2012

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    @runningmama14‌ this last season has just dragged on and been really slow moving. I'm ready to see it end too!

TTC #1 since August 2012

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I love the show but have really struggled with this season. However, I think the last few episodes have been great and I'm looking forward to the finale! Even IF I know I'm going to cry like a baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not emotionally prepared for it!!! I didn't love the last two seasons but I loved the show so it's a little heart breaking.
  • Options
    Anybody just watch it? :|
  • Options
    Just watched and..... I'm really disappointed. This whole past season was about Barney and robin getting married and how they are meant to be and how ted lets go of robin and then 10 mins in they are divorced? Then the mother, teds perfect girl, DIES? Robin is estranged from the gang has been turning down Ted for 9 years, but then has a change of heart.... That was encouraged by his kids. The Barney and baby was cute and marshal and Lilly story wrapped up ok.... But overall, really disappointed. Rant over, what did you guys think?
  • Options
    I'm upset. I knew the mother was going to die damn it I cried!! I can't even think about that part right now. Anywho I agree with @maebee87‌ I think it was dumb that the entire season was focused on robin and Barney getting married. I liked hoe lily and marshal's story wrapped up, but that's the only story that really sat ok with me. Sorry for poor grammar, I'm on my iPad.

TTC #1 since August 2012

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I'm... Undecided? I liked parts of it... But not all. I figured the mother wouldn't be around forever after hinting at it a few episodes back, but I was unhappy with how they handled it.

I suppose it makes sense for Ted to eventually end up with Robin... I just feel sort of cheated with the way it happened.

Also- Josh Radnor never turned into Bob Saget. What up with that?
  • Options
    Yeah they kinda just quit using Bob Saget's voice. Maybe in hopes we'd forget about it?

TTC #1 since August 2012

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I cried. Like hard! DH asked me if I wanted a tissue, or perhaps a beach towel!
  • Options
    @MommaKb710‌ thanks for the laugh! I hid out in my bathroom and cried lol. I think the part that kills me the most is that the mother was adorable and innocent looking. I also feel they kind of pushed her death aside.

TTC #1 since August 2012

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I called it as soon as Barney and Robin got divorced. I knew the only reason they would split them up was for Ted and Robin to end up together at the end. So the mother had to die. Honestly, it does make sense, given that the whole story was really about Ted and Robin and their friends, that they ended it that way. It wasn't what I expected prior to watching the episode, but it makes sense to me now.

OTOH, my husband hated it.

BFP #1 3/19/14 • EDD 11/26/14 • MC 4/26/14 at 9w3d • BFP #2 10/10/14 • EDD 6/20/15

• Options
    renbeerenbee member
    edited April 2014
    Awful. I'm SO disappointed. It was just such a downer! I never really thought Ted and Robin were that great together, and I loved Barney and Robin. And the mother was perfect for Ted! I also thought Barney having a love child was random - although I totally ugly cried when he held her for the first time.

I understand that they pretty much had to do this since they dragged the series on so long, but it just sucks.

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    I have loved the series! I'm so sad to see it go! I'm sure I'll be blubbering!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

DBG wife, Pre-Med student, and Scentsy Certified Consultant
  • Options
    I liked it!!!!! I cried, hard! But I really liked it!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh my Gosh!!! I'm pissed, and SOOO sad!!! I'm currently bawling my eyes out!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options

Awful. I'm SO disappointed. It was just such a downer! I never really thought Ted and Robin were that great together, and I loved Barney and Robin. And the mother was perfect for Ted! I also thought Barney having a love child was random - although I totally ugly cried when he held her for the first time.

I understand that they pretty much had to do this since they dragged the series on so long, but it just sucks.

I feel the same exact way! Why the hell kill off the mother?!? Ugh!!!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    In the first seasons and when her and Ted first dated, she had a bunch of dogs.
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    Also feel same way. Was so pissed! :(
  • Options
    I thought it was OK.  Not the worse series finale ever, but not the best either.  I also cried at Barney with his daughter and how she is the love of his life. 

• Options
    BTW they are making a spin off How I Met Your Dad.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It was a roller coaster of an episode but I ended up liking it. I Loved the blue french horn! The mother dying had me in tears and I agree that they did not need to spend an entire season on Barney & Robin's wedding just for it to end in divorce. That all said, I liked the twist and I'll miss the series. It really hit me at the end when Ted says "and that kids is how i met your mother". Monday nights won't be the same. Just like Thursday nights are still not the same without Friends.

I'll be watching the first two seasons in repeat for quite some time!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I liked the part with Barney's daughter... he finally grew up. It was sweet.

Also, they filmed the kids' part of that conversation between them and Ted nine years ago... so I don't think anything changed because of how long the series went on as far as how it ended. Ted and Robin was always the plan.

BFP #1 3/19/14 • EDD 11/26/14 • MC 4/26/14 at 9w3d • BFP #2 10/10/14 • EDD 6/20/15

• Options
    I'm sure it was always the plan for Ted to end up with Robin and I am okay with that! I just think that by skipping over the mother's death so quickly and the kids even noticing that he was so blatantly still in love with Robin it belittled his relationship with the mother. They were so great together in that scene under the umbrella that I wish we had seen more of that to feel less cheated out of their relationship details.
  • Options

I was so bummed!  I definitely agree that this last season was NOT as good as the others. 

I need a new show... what is everyone watching?!?

• Options
    Also, they filmed the kids' part of that conversation between them and Ted nine years ago... so I don't think anything changed because of how long the series went on as far as how it ended. Ted and Robin was always the plan.
    I kinda wonder if they filmed scenes for several scenarios, or if that was the only ending option. 

I actually liked the end, although I do wish there had been more time dedicated to the mother.  Like maybe their relationship should have been the last few episodes instead of Barney and Robins never-ending wedding.  I appreciate that it is all tied up with a nice a little bow and I don't have to wonder what happened :)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"