May 2012 Moms
Options

Annoying toddler phases

DD has been in a phase for the past couple of weeks where she refuses to walk outdoors (even in backyard) or in stores and insists on being carried. She's killing my back.

Last month she went through a phase for about ten days when she refused to touch food with her hands -- if she couldn't get it on a fork, she either wouldn't eat it or would scream and beg us to put it in her mouth for her (ridiculous). Thankfully that ended as suddenly as it started.

Anyone else having these random toddler phases yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Annoying toddler phases

• Options
    Lol we have other phases but it sounds like you have a bit of an OCD child in your hands ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    lol what Belle said. She goes through funny quirks (mainly things she picks up at daycare from other kids) but then goes back to business usually after a day or 2. The new phase that has stuck is if we start to scold her or tell her not to do something, she'll say "hey! no no no stop it" and point her finger like she's scolding us! Its cute sometimes but we're trying not to let her think its ok to talk back :P
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DD is refusing to take baths right now. She hates them and will scream the entire time I bathe her.

She is also demanding to be fed, instead of feeding herself, at dinner time. Breakfast and lunch she is totally fine feeding herself.

Lastly, she is in a "shouting" phase right now. Everything that comes out of her mouth is a shout. She can whipser, but when she's not whispering she's shouting. No in between.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    My DD's new habit, I'm hoping it is a phase, is dumping out her toy baskets and pulling all of her books off of the shelf multiple times a day! She often helps put them all back, but just wants to dump them out again.
  • Options
    My daughter is obsessed with putting crayons everywhere. I love that she loves coloring but I am not fond of opening up random things only to find crayons stashed in them. She also still hates having water on her face but this seems to be an almost 2 year phase ;)

• Options
    jil1210 said:

My DD's new habit, I'm hoping it is a phase, is dumping out her toy baskets and pulling all of her books off of the shelf multiple times a day! She often helps put them all back, but just wants to dump them out again.

Well my three year old still does this :)

Lucas's new phase is taking off his pants and diaper if I don't keep a onsie on him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    Our new phase is to scream at the top of her lungs when she is mad. My DH visibly cringes every single time. We just finished the I hate bath time phase which was promptly replaced with the I don't ever want to get out phase :P

MrsH try taking LO in the shower with you. That is how we got through the I hate baths phase.

Our other new phase is that she tries to eat all things cardboard or paper! Books, cards, notepads, anything she can get her hands on. My bookshelf looks like I have a herd of hungry mice living in my house!
  • Options
    Not wanting to put on pjs. Throwing food when he's done with his meal.
    Throwing a tantrum any time we don't let him do a task (we've taken to letting him do most tasks he asks to do if they aren't hazardous as a result.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"