July 2013 Moms
Options

WWJ13D?

P managed to topple over and bump his head on one of our metal wall vents.  He cried for the second it took me to scoop him up.  A decent sized goose egg formed right away on his forehead and the area is now really red.  Would you call the pedi and/or take him to Urgentcare?  Or wait and see?  He seems fine, but his forehead looks terrible.  WWYD?  

Re: WWJ13D?

• Options
    I would probably watch how he is acting and if he seemed fine not go. But if you are worried it never hurts to go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    Ditto everyone else. If he barely cried it probably looks worse than it is. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.  I guess just b/c it's his head that it worries me.  We'll definitely watch him super closely.
  • Options
    I'm sure he is fine. Their heads are tough!
    Ty bumps his head daily. He currently has a bruise on his forehead.
  • Options
    LauraC122 said:

Izzy has reached the point of many bumps and bruises. DC called last week to tell us she had hit her head on the toy shelf. Ice and snuggles and she was good to go. When they called she was back at the same toy shelf and when we picked her up, we had a second incident report because she'd hit her head again on the same shelf. Silly baby hasn't learned to stay away from things that hurt.

As long as LO is acting normal, I wouldn't worry too much.

Riley did the same thing at DC. They call that shelf "Riley's Spot" cuz she hangs out there so much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FTM freakout for the win lol Thanks for the reassurance everyone!
  • Options
    Put some ice or a cool washcloth on it, monitor for signs of concussion. It happens, normally it phases us more than them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto PP. Id only worry if there was anything weird going on... Loss of consciousness, overly sleepy, vomiting.
  • Options
    Exactly what pp's are saying. If he is acting his usual self then he should be just fine. Maybe put a little ice on it.
  • Options
    This happened to us a couple months ago and I was on the phone with urgent care so fast and bawling. The nurse said 1) relax 2) goose egg is good/Sunken in could be concerning. 3) acting normal - good. And 4) check pupils if overly concerned by putting small flashlight (used iPhone) in baby's eyes to see dilating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"