February 2014 Moms

Never say never

Have we done this yet? Things we said we'd never do as parents but we find ourselves doing it? I know it's still early and I fully expect that in a couple years there will be more than a few that routinely put their kid on a leash at the zoo. So let's hear em... STM+, I know we've got some good ones?!

Re: Never say never

• Loading the player...
  • JA82406 said:

I love this!!! :) I have so many. Can't think of them all though.

I said I'd never bribe my kids out of a meltdown. But when a full-blown meltdown happens in aisle 3, and you've got your baby on the boob (which guarantees ton of stares to begin with) and you're waiting for someone to call CPS because it sounds like your older kid is being tortured ... Bet your ass I'm going to pull out my stash of gummy fruit snacks from the diaper bag and bribe away. They are in there for this reason alone. X_X

Dude, I keep a Rubbermaid container of jelly beans in my car door to bribe the bigs to shut it at the drive thru.
    I like you. :D
  • Oops just thought of another one and this sounds weird but I never thought I'd EBF. I like combo feeding and I prefer for my babies to take at least a couple bottles of formula per day. This LO is now refusing bottles so like it or not... I'm EBF.

• Be "that mom" who just lets her baby cry while grocery shopping. Im a FTM but I know when LO is just sleepy crying and will eventually phase herself out, wearing her at the grocery store she always cries at first before she falls asleep. She is fed, changed, not dirty...just cranky and tired and you know what she is gonna cry and I am gonna shop because eventually she will fall asleep and we need food...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are for my older daughter - like I'd never try to entertain her with my iPhone and no screen time before 2. She loves my phone. She still won't watch TV for more than 2 minutes but I wish she would so I could sometimes use it when I need a break!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • I almost started this thread last week when I accidentally on purpose did a few hours of bed-sharing when nothing else worked to put LO to sleep. Bought a co-sleeper the next day.
  • Let my child watch much tv. DD (3) wakes up super early, like 5:30 most days. DH is up getting ready for work so he decided to let her watch DVDs or PBS starting at 6 am so that he can get ready for work and I can sleep some more. Most days she is still watching at about 9 or 10. I don't let her watch for the rest of the day, but it's still a lot.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• As a FTM- I would NEVER use a paci, Soothie is the only thing that calms LO down at times.

Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Soap1Soap1 member
    elf828 said:
    Oh and (this may be a FFC) also before I had a baby I didn't get SAHMs - didn't understand at ALL how women could give up their careers to stay home with babies. Now? It's not an option for us because bills but I totally get why women willingly stay home.
    I'm the opposite.  Before I had kids I really thought I wanted to be a SAHM.  Was basically SAH until DS2 was about 15 months (they went to MDO once a week while I did work for grad school), and omg it is NOT for me! 

Now I'm mostly SAH with DS3 (go to work one day a week and LO comes with me) and while I'm cherishing his baby stage as much as I can, a large part of me is looking forward to FT day care next year and getting back to my career!

• FTM here who said that I'd never want to give up my career to be a SAHM. Now I feel like my career can take a flying leap. I just don't care about it anymore.
  • BB0214 said:

FTM here who said that I'd never want to give up my career to be a SAHM. Now I feel like my career can take a flying leap. I just don't care about it anymore.

Same here - I was adamant I'd want to be back at work within 6 months as doing nothing would drive me insane.....turns out I quite enjoy sitting on the sofa having cuddles all day :)
  • @Soap1‌- I'm kinda feeling the same. Always wanted to SAH but now that I am (temporarily- 6 mos mat leave), I'm pretty sure I will be itching to go back early. Trying to enjoy it though! Some days are easier than others.

• Bed sharing, TV before 2, solids before 5 months, weaning before 12 months, losing my temper and yelling, and the list goes on...
    TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • I said I'd never put the baby in bed with us. Well he usually snuggles between us after his last late night feed before H gets up for work at 5am.
  • I said I would never co-sleep and here I am co-sleeping for the last 3 weeks.... oh well.

Anastasia Mae born Feb 19, 2014 at 10:12AM -Tokyo, Japan time. 
    Me: 22 DH: 25 Married since Oct 6th, 2010
  • I didn't think I'd need to talk to a counselor about postpartum feelings. I just went to one today. Turns out a newborn really messes with my already anxious and organized personality.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"