June 2013 Moms

weaning help!!!!

I doubt any of you remember me. I've posted in the past but not much lately. Constantly lurking and absorbing all the wisdom, though. Hopefully someone can help me now.
I am trying to wean my daughter from breastmilk to formula. I've been through 3 formulas, tried mixing it with breastmilk, everything I can think of. She gags and sometimes throws up. I've tried leaving and having her dad feed her as well. Has anyone successfully done this, and if so, how?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: weaning help!!!!

• Have you checked the temp or nipple flow? Those could be your culprits
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • I've tried it warm, luke warm, cold, you name it. I changed the nipple flow as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's at least half and sometimes more. It's like she knows there is formula in there somewhere. I'm at a loss.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am going through the exact same thing. I've finally just given up since we can start cows milk in a month. Have you tried ready made formulas? Also you may half to start with 1oz of formula instead of half and half. Coming from the girl who was defeated :P
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How long did you wait to increase the amount of formula?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • mjsmith78 said:

How long did you wait to increase the amount of formula?

Unfortunately we never got past 1 oz of formula he could detect it and started refusing all bottles.

:((
  • mjsmith78 said:

How long did you wait to increase the amount of formula?

Unfortunately we never got past 1 oz of formula he could detect it and started refusing all bottles.

:((
    That is exactly what I'm worried about!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"