1st Trimester

What happened to my hair???

With my first pregnancy my hair was so pretty and thick and silky and any other good adjective you could think of for hair. I'm 9w in and my hair is so gross and stringy and dry and dull ughhhhh. Do I need to change prenatals or something?? I know every pregnancy is different, but geez. I want my beautiful pregnancy hair!!!

Re: What happened to my hair???

• Try changing shampoo? Worked for me this pregnancy! Good luck :)
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had issues with my hair being extremely dry and dull and it turned out to be my thyroid having issues. I'm not by any means saying that this is the same thing happening to you, BUT if you haven't had your blood tests done, it could be a possibility. As soon as I started taking my meds, I got my beautiful hair back. If this is just a normal pregnancy symptom, then I don't think there's much you can do as far as what prenatals you're taking.
  • Loading the player...
  • Was your first a boy?  If so, this could mean girl.  Total OWT, but I read that hair with boys gets silky and thick.  With girls, stringy and dull.

Or, you know, different shampoo/conditioner could be in order. ;)

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• I'm experiencing the same thing; with my first (DD) my hair was AWESOME. This time, I want to shave my head and buy a wig. I've tried changing my shampoo, conditioner, and pre-natals, started using hair styling products, and got my hair cut/styled. The biggest helps were the cut (I cut off 6 inches) and the product (I started using a hydrating hair oil on my ends). Based on my experience, those would be my suggestions, but I kind of suspect that the only real "fix" is delivering baby and waiting for your hormones to even out :) Good luck to you!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hahahaha this is me too! And like PP i just cut off 4 inches hoping it will help! Also trying shampoo and vitamins, we shall see how it goes!!!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"