Trouble TTC
Options

IUI today...well let me introduce myself to this group (child mentioned)

bunchteebunchtee member
edited March 2014 in Trouble TTC
Hello!  I am not quite new....I have been on here for awhile but took long breaks in between.  I just had a chem pregnancy a few months ago...and finally I was able to start my injectible cycle.  I was on follistim first then my doc added menopur to the mix (I hated this butt shot and the burning was crazy).  So, I just had my 1st IUI this morning and it went so quick.  I could not believe it.  Fingers crossed, this is IT.  

Well, my DH sperm count was like 23 M, 81% mobility and ~83% progression for this morning IUI.  I don't know what all of those numbers means..A little about me, DH and I will be married for 2 yrs in Oct.  He has a daughter from a previous relationship, she is 12 going on 21.  I would love to just have twins and be done with the getting pregnant process.  I just turned to big 40 and he is 43, so time is ticking...and ticking...

One great thing I can say is my DH insurance was definitely a blessing to us.  I only had to pay copays for medicine.  There are no copays at all for IUI, u/s and blood work.  Last year when I was on my insurance, this would not have been the case.

have a great day everyone!

Re: IUI today...well let me introduce myself to this group (child mentioned)

• Options

Welcome, and good luck.  You'll want to edit your title and put a child mentioned warning in your title.  It doesn't usually both me, but we like to have that warning in case some are having a hard IF day.  Thanks!

DH: 34  
    Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Me: 26
    Jan. 2014 - Blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = high & AMH = low (0.73)
    Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb.  20, 2014 - First appointment with RE
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:
    Started TTC:  June 2012
    June 2012 - March 2013:  When it Happens/it happens method = BFN
    March 2013:  Started using Fertility Friend
    Cycles 1 - 15 with Fertility Friend = BFN
    Cycle 16 - Benched due to Laparoscopy
    Cycle 17 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 18 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19 - Natural Cycle = BFN

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• Options
    Thanks!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. Congrats on your first IUI. I don't know all that much about count when it comes to SA, but I know a little. My RE said that for SA, the range of normal count is 20M-150M per ml. I don't recall what the range is for motility. I know that my RE said that he wanted to see 10M post wash for a good number of swimmers for IUI. So, with 23M post wash, that sounds like a good number. As far as motility goes, you are looking for forward moving swimmers, but like I said, I cannot recall what the range is on that. I will be having my first IUI sometime at the end of this week. Do you know how many mature follicles you had? Good luck on your 2WW.
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Options
    I really wished I had another u/s today, but the nurse said that my last two weeks of u/s were enough.  I had an u/s two days ago, I had 2 @17mm, 1@20 and maybe another one around 16 according to what the doctor said today.  However, I do remember the at least one 17mm and one 20mm.  I also triggered Saturday night so maybe I got a little more growth.  

I also asked if they would do another u/s to see how many follicles released.  Doc said no, there is no good way to tell.  Funny, I have read other posts where ppl get that done.  

@calindi - insurance coverage is so crazy...i was close to tears and high stress when I thought I had to pay out of pocket for my meds.  It was like $3-4k.  And, I would have been even crazier if I was paying for this cycle especially after my doctor added menopur.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"