April 2014 Moms

How did you feel before labor ?

FTM so I'm just wondering-- how did you ladies feel before you went Into labor ?? Did you have a burst of energy? did you feel off ? What were some of the signs ( other than the obvious) that the time was near !?

Re: How did you feel before labor ?

• No help here, but I had no signs with DS1. It was just like any other day.
  • In retrospect, I felt a bit queasy and off that day. Baby hadnt been moving as much as normal (but i was 40w4d, so she was out of room!). I'd been losing pieces of mp (ugh) all day, and then my water broke.
    However, at the time, nothing felt "off" enough that I knew labor was imminent.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Loading the player...
  • I had bad anxiety the night before.... other than that.... nothing
  • No help here, but I had no signs with DS1. It was just like any other day.

*stuck in the quote box*

Same here - we were in church when my contractions started and DS was born less than 11 hours later.  I had no signs of labor coming on before then and had not lost my MP or gone to the bathroom a lot or any of the other things they tell you could be signs of labor coming soon. 

• Both times I was nauseous and woke up just not feeling right.
  • I felt off. Spacey and dizzy and restless all day. I couldn't get comfortable standing or sitting. I was sweaty and just miserable.
  • Never felt any different.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think I remember feeling really great, lots of energy- then quickly started to feel like crap as contractions began

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I lost my pluggy plug plug at 3am and sometime around 10am my contractions started. I otherwise felt no different the day before, but I had a Drs appointment that afternoon and I wasn't dilated or anything, so I wasn't even in that mindset. I was right at my due date so if I was expecting to go into labor any time soon I may have over analyzed any odd feeling.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When it was "go time" with Skippy, I had been feeling very crampy and achy for 3 weeks - I was miserable. I had no idea anything was different at 40w3d, I just figured I would feel like crap until he finally came out. I ate my dinner that night, took a shower, and sat down to watch a movie. Before the previews were done, I got sweaty and had the "shit shivers", and as I was walking to the bathroom I started trickling water, but I thought it was just pee from the pressure of having to go poop. It took me almost 5 hours to realize that my water was leaking and the diarrhea cramps were contractions every 2 minutes. I really couldn't tell that I was in labor because I'd been feeling so gross for so long beforehand.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Trying not to "over analyze" but I have nothing better to do ! Ha.
    Last night had some "stronger" contractions than I've been feeling that came with lovely back pain as well -- lasted from about 5pm until 9 or so. Today I just feel blah.. Dizzy and shakey and very tired
  • Vjlewis07 said:
    Trying not to "over analyze" but I have nothing better to do ! Ha. Last night had some "stronger" contractions than I've been feeling that came with lovely back pain as well -- lasted from about 5pm until 9 or so. Today I just feel blah.. Dizzy and shakey and very tired
    You and me both! I had 30 second contractions that were 6 minutes apart. God, I'm fucking tired as hell today. Waking up at 2 am with the "What If's" and the "I feel like I'm gonna explode out my b-hole" haven't helped either. 
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• I didn't have any signs. It was a normal pregnant day and then labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Felt horrible all day, like I was coming down with the flu. Took a three hour nap. Water broke late that night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Felt normal, hit me like a ton of bricks after dinner- more intense contractions and total "shit shivers" (LOVE that one!). Went to the BR and had a gush of blood so I jumped up and we headed in- I was 29 weeks and DS was born 16 hours later. No idea what termie labor will be like :-)
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • I was normal " pregnant" I had a lot of Braxton,I didn't know the I was in labour until I saw like a string of blood went to the bathroom .
    I was 8 cm when I got to the hospital
  • @knotty-girl‌ Reading that was the best experience of my day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With dd I was dilated to 2 for two weeks and lost mp about then too. Lots of contractions and two false labor trips. The night I went I just remember having lots of energy and couldn't sit still. Watching friends reruns on the birthing ball. Nothing really other than anxious. Which does change much.
  • knotty-girlknotty-girl member
    edited April 2014

mamrotu73 said:
    When it was "go time" with Skippy, I had been feeling very crampy and achy for 3 weeks - I was miserable. I had no idea anything was different at 40w3d, I just figured I would feel like crap until he finally came out. I ate my dinner that night, took a shower, and sat down to watch a movie. Before the previews were done, I got sweaty and had the "shit shivers", and as I was walking to the bathroom I started trickling water, but I thought it was just pee from the pressure of having to go poop. It took me almost 5 hours to realize that my water was leaking and the diarrhea cramps were contractions every 2 minutes. I really couldn't tell that I was in labor because I'd been feeling so gross for so long beforehand.
    Best descriptor ever.
    TMI ALERT: DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU CANT HANDLE POOP STORIES

Shit shivers and diarrhea cramps.  This kind of scares me because that feeling is worse than any other possibility of pain.  When I had a colonic, it was the most agonizing feeling of discomfort in my life.  And it traumatized me because the stupid tech told me to relax and let go so I did and the tube came out and I basically shit all over the place and she was pissed.  Well fuck you lady, you told me to do it (I'm sorry I ruined your day, but it seems to me that should be a risk you're willing to take when your job is putting hoses up people's butts without a medical license.) But basically she traumatized (and shamed me), so if labor is anything similar, I fear I wont be able to push out the baby.  Even when I woke up from a surgery I didn't believe them when they told me to just pee because I had a catheter in.
    This made me laugh so hard and I kinda love you and want to be your friend for sharing it...  As weird as that sounds.

@knotty-girl‌ Reading that was the best experience of my day.
    It is a really funny story, though not at the time. In all seriousness though it did make me anal retentive in the literal sense.  Even before that though, bowel distress = panick, so it sucks to know that the onset of labor can be a similar sensation.  However @WIfeofaComposer thanks for warning me!
  • @knotty-girl - I've got yer back.  :)

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • No sleep at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"