Adoption

Foster to Adopt Vent

We have adopted two children out of the foster system, and have been fostering a third for a little over 2 years. We agreed to foster the third, because he was supposed to be a "sure thing" (both parents had terminated parental rights over a year ago previously). Then BF got a new girlfriend who thought it might be "fun" to have a family, so they filled a Bill of Review which was denied and then appealed. They lost the appeal, so they may or not take it to the state supreme court. 

My frustration is in regard to how CPS has managed the case. We are on our fourth FAD Worker, and second Case Worker. Nobody seems to have a CLUE what's going on, usually I'm the one looking up the court info on the court website and giving them updates. When I asked our latest FAD Worker if she could help me get an update in the case, she said it was up to me to get the Attorney's info and call them, seriously?! Our recertification is up in May, so we have to complete more training, inspections, CPR/First Aid.... My FAD Worker started harassing me about these due dates starting the beginning of March. She emails me at least a couple of times a week, and if I don't respond immediately, she starts calling my cell and my husband's until we answer. Both my husband and I work. In addition our oldest son we adopted has Autism (which was not disclosed by CPS, so we had to fight for almost a year to get him Medicaid, thanks very much CPS!) and does 45 hours a week of Speech, OT and ABA Therapy. This lady is seriously stressing me out, bordering on harassing me! I've been a foster parent for 4+ years, I know I have to complete re-certifiaction. Has anyone ever heard of requesting a new FAD Worker? Thanks for listening!

Re: Foster to Adopt Vent

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"