September 2012 Moms

Talk Me Off The Shopping Ledge.

Tell me why we do or do not need a swing set in our yard.
Things to consider:

Our backyard is large, however it is 2 levels.  The swing set would have to go on the lower level.
Realistically we want to move in the next 2-3 years.
We have a glorious park not even 2 blocks away.

I'm looking a metal one that comes with swings, a slide and a trampoline and has really good reviews.  The trampoline is a tiny one and is independent, so it would come in during the winter. https://www.amazon.com/IRON-KIDS-Premier-Fitness-Playground/dp/B004TJEEK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396281255&sr=8-1&keywords=IronKids+Inspiration+250+Fitness+Playground+Metal+Swing+Set  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

Re: Talk Me Off The Shopping Ledge.

• I don't have anything super helpful to tell you.  We have a wooden swing set we got with the house when we bought it.  It's in rough shape.  It's all mulch around it. 

I remember being turned off by it when we were buying our house.  I wish I could get one like that one pictured, just the A-frame simple swing. 

That one looks portable, instead of a fixture.  So, I dunno!  It might be nice to have it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Tell me why we do or do not need a swing set in our yard.
    Things to consider:

Our backyard is large, however it is 2 levels.  The swing set would have to go on the lower level.
    Realistically we want to move in the next 2-3 years.
    We have a glorious park not even 2 blocks away.

I'm looking a metal one that comes with swings, a slide and a trampoline and has really good reviews.  The trampoline is a tiny one and is independent, so it would come in during the winter. https://www.amazon.com/IRON-KIDS-Premier-Fitness-Playground/dp/B004TJEEK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396281255&sr=8-1&keywords=IronKids+Inspiration+250+Fitness+Playground+Metal+Swing+Set  

You just talked me out of it with the bolded, so I don't think I could come up with anything better than those reasons.  Especially the glorious nearby park. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • That looks super cute and fun. I think I would get it since it looks like you can easily take it with you when you move. And sometimes it's nice to have something to keep your kid(s) busy in your own yard. That way you can do laundry or start dinner or whatever at home, things you couldn't do at the park.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • We had a fenced in backyard growing up and a park 2 blocks away. We never left the yard. It was great to send us out to play without my parents worrying about us a few blocks away. I have no negatives! I'd say order it! Nancy will love it and even if you move you can take that with. It's not permanent!

• @BunkinMama, we're at the top of a hill, so we have no flooding issues at all.   Our backyard has a retaining wall...there's the deck off the kitchen, then you walk down the 3 little steps and you're on the first tier, then there's a little hill and the 2nd tier where we have the firepit and raised garden beds. the retaining wall is around 4 ft high.  Hopefully we'll have another summer before Nancy decides that jumping off of it is a good idea....

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I can't talk you out of it. We are getting the backyard fenced in this week and the swingset is in it's box waiting to be put up as soon as the fence is up. We have a park just a block away in our neighborhood and I still wanted something in our backyard.

• I love that, it's going on my wish list right now. It looks easy to move or disassemble.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All kids should have a swing set. Says the girl who can't talk her husband into it. He doesn't want to ruin the grass. Whatevs, dude!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Cheenomae said:
    All kids should have a swing set. Says the girl who can't talk her husband into it. He doesn't want to ruin the grass. Whatevs, dude!
    Our grass leaves a lot to be desired. :-)  My DH's thought is that the more shit I put on the lawn, the less he has to cut of it!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• My husband just built an awesome wood swing set and it's the best thing ever. He plays on it for hours! You can always take it if you move. It would be a pain but you could do it.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• Disclaimer: I am very frugal and you asked to be talked OUT of it.

You do NOT need to buy a swingset. You live right next to an awesome park!! And you're moving soon. 2-3 years will go by in a flash. That's our timeframe too and I wouldn't dream of buying a swingset now. Buy something less expensive that can be a fun outside thing and save it for the next house.

*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited March 2014

I really don't like metal swing sets and I don't trust Leo alone on the big wooden ones so I am not interested in putting a swing set in our backyard any time soon. We have a little trampoline in the gameroom that gets tons of use, as does our plastic slide. I would rather have two pieces (and that is the cheaper option too) that can be indoor, outdoor, in the garage than a metal swing set.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"