1st Trimester

Zofran. And Poop.

I started taking Zofran yesterday after a trip to urgent care and though I'm feeling better nausea/sickness-wise, my OB's nurse warned me this morning to start stool softeners as soon as possible and up my water intake because the Zofran is pretty much going to make me miserable in the poop department.  My question is, have any of you gone through this with Zofran, and what were your best remedies for constipation?  I really want to try to get a handle on this before I get completely miserable :/

Re: Zofran. And Poop.

• I took zofran with my first pregnancy because I couldn't keep anything down. With that said I took no stool softners, I took 4mg twice a day. And are tons of apples and prunes and carrots. But there was a time I cried on the bathroom. I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant now and hope I don't have to take zofran, although it was a life saver otherwise
  • I was horribly constipated with Zofran so I didn't take it for very long. Luckily, I wasn't that sick. What helped me was taking a fiber chewable and when it got really bad I would take my daughter's pedia-lax chewable.,
  • Loading the player...
  • Fiber any way you can get it. My midwife also recommended an apple or two a day. I have been taking zofran for about 5 weeks almost daily and just try to eat right. Which is a joke at times cause most things don't stay down! GL
  • My doctor suggested a small amount of Miralax. I would check with your doctor first, but that worked pretty well for me.
  • I take a lot of zofran these days. Haven't had a good hearty poop in weeks!! I got a script for diclegis today. It's a n/v med that you take at night. It's extended release and doesn't had the constipation side effect that zofran does :-) maybe ask you doc about it. It works better than zofran for me. As for a right now remedy, I broke down and got a fleets enema. Glycerin suppositories have also helped some. Getting colace tomorrow. Milk of mag didn't work for me.
  • ManateearmzManateearmz member
    edited April 2014
    I didn't take stool softner with Zofran during my first pregnancy. My advice to you is to take the damn stool softner.

Edit words are hard

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Zofran constipation is no joke. Colace was approved by my OB, definitely get a stool softener, you will be happy you did. Prune juice.

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• I agree with colace, miralax and also kiwi is a natural laxative, so are grapes apples and prunes... Also if you get desperate an enema will help a ton!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• I saw this post and thought: Zofran and poop? Those two don't belong in the same sentence, because they never happen together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"