August 2013 Moms
Options

Clapping

Anyone's LO clapping? D just started trying to clap, and it's so cute. It's funny because I waited forever for my first to clap, and he didn't do it til he was at least a year old. Bonus points if you have a picture or video. :)

Re: Clapping

• Options
    petey1106 said:

Yes! G loves clapping and he is so proud of himself afterwards! He was clapping in the cart at BRU.

I love it! So cute. His hat is adorable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LokiLahve said:

Clapping? No.

Wildly flailing arms & hitting anything within reach? Yes.

This exactly.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No clapping but Jackson waves bye. With his whole arm not just his had but its very deliberate and consistent when you say bye to him and wave first
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • Options
    We clap.  It's funny becaues DS looks at his hands like why don't you make noise.  I will try and make a gif of it this afternoon.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

• Options
    Ashesha13 said:

No clapping but Jackson waves bye. With his whole arm not just his had but its very deliberate and consistent when you say bye to him and wave first

Aww that's so cute.
  • Options
    KQuinonez said:

We clap.  It's funny becaues DS looks at his hands like why don't you make noise.  I will try and make a gif of it this afternoon.

Yes! Please do. I keep trying to get it on video but haven't been able to.
  • Options
    He claps right after I show him, but he wouldn't do it on his own. He'll bring his hands together though.

Most of the time when I hold my hand towards him, he'll give me a high 5
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited March 2014
    No clapping yet, but we've been working on it. He thinks it's hilarious when I take his hands and make them clap. Also, he gets in a fit of giggles if I clap with his hands inside or outside of my hands. 

We haven't seen any waving yet either, but we never thought about waving when saying "Good-bye" until recently. We've been working on this as well :) 

(eta: forgot a couple of words!)

• Options
    No clapping but LO waves hello. He waves to the dog, other babies and when DH gets home. He also waves at himself in the mirror. It's really cute.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kwrecks said:

LokiLahve said:

Clapping? No.

This exactly.
    Same here. We call it "flappa flappa" and DS thinks it's hilarious.

imageimage

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    RevezRevez member
    LokiLahve said:

Clapping? No.

Yup

• Options
    One of them will knock two objects together if he happens to have something in each hand, but that's it.

I don't remember the big one mastering this skill until 12mo+

• Options

One of them will knock two objects together if he happens to have something in each hand, but that's it.

I don't remember the big one mastering this skill until 12mo+

Yeah I wouldn't say he's mastered it but he's working on it. :) G didn't even try it til 12+ months. I feel like this one is doing things earlier, probably because he has someone to watch & mimic.
  • Options
    LO just started clapping, and loves it. No waving yet, but, in all fairness, she doesn't have to say bye much. Lol I sah, and MH leaves for work before she wakes up. So, it may be a while before we understand that.

• Options
    kwrecks said:

LokiLahve said:

Clapping? No.

This exactly.
    Yup!!
  • Options
    azzy1206 said:

No clapping here either but LO has started signing "finished" .

Oh wow! That's awesome.
  • Options

No clapping but LO waves hello. He waves to the dog, other babies and when DH gets home. He also waves at himself in the mirror. It's really cute.

This is us too!! No clapping, but she loves to wave!

• Options
    Ashesha13 said:

Same here - LO waves goodbye and hello and loves to look out our front window and wave at everyone who goes by. She even got upset one time when someone didn't wave back!

• Options
    She doesn't clap yet, but she waves, and it's the cutest thing I have ever seen :) 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    We've got a clapper! She just started about a week ago! Cutest thing ever!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    Well now that I want him to do it on video he won't. I got a pic though! He amazes me how coordinated he is, because I am not at all!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    KQuinonez said:

Well now that I want him to do it on video he won't. I got a pic though! He amazes me how coordinated he is, because I am not at all!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Isn't that how it always is? So cute. :) I'm totally not coordinated either.
    I finally got a pic but it's not great.

• Options
    @janneann 1127 Your son is so cute!  DS definitely takes after DH when it comes to motorskills, but he is a gabber like me.  He really is the best of both of us.

• Options
    KQuinonez said:

@janneann 1127 Your son is so cute!  DS definitely takes after DH when it comes to motorskills, but he is a gabber like me.  He really is the best of both of us.

Thank you! So is yours! And yeah same boat here. DS has this fantastic hand-eye coordination.. thankfully he got daddy's athletic abilities and not mine! It's always fun to see what your kids get from you vs your husband. Except when it's those traits you wish they didn't get. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"