3rd Trimester
Options

Only in my 2nd Tri, but nervous about baby's gender results! Help!

Hi moms,
I wish I had gotten a picture, but I will just have to describe it.. We had our ultrasound at 18.5 weeks, and I'm 22 now.  At 17 weeks I was hospitalized because I had an awful infection.  At the hospital, while doing an ultrasound to check on baby, I asked the tech if she could tell yet, and she told me she wasn't 100% sure, but thought it was a girl.  Then at my 18.5 week US, the tech showed us and said it's a boy!  We are so excited either way, but were SHOCKED! lol.. Now that I'm out shopping and preparing for my little boys nursery I'm getting more and more nervous that the US didn't look like a penis.  Basically, the picture we saw was from the bottom of his two legs and in between it looked like a box, square shape and it looked HUGE for an 18.5 week fetus lol... I'm considering paying to get another US, but was just wondering other moms experiences or if that seems right for it to look like that.

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Only in my 2nd Tri, but nervous about baby's gender results! Help!

• Options
    Most of the time when they say boy it is boy
  • Options
    in the title? sorry, i'm not used to boards!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should just pay for the other ultrasound. Honestly, it will give you peace of mind and you won't end up having to redo anything if the results are different. Go to a Precious Previews or vanity ultrasound place in your area where they can do the 3d/4d scan. You will see a clear pic and you also get keepsake photos where you can see some of the baby's features. At least that makes it worth spending the extra money.

• Options
    Oh no. Not you again. Don't think I forgot about your shitty little rant on the turkey hoagie post. Why would you ask advice from people that make you sad because they are bringing children into this world?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    Meery82 said:
    Oh no. Not you again. Don't think I forgot about your shitty little rant on the turkey hoagie post. Why would you ask advice from people that make you sad because they are bringing children into this world?
    Link me!
    Oh 1st tri. Good times.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12188141/i-ate-a-turkey-hoagie/p1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Meery82 said:

Maybe the turkey hoagie made your baby have freakishly large, box shaped peen/vag. I'm sure it's one or the other. Or both.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Sorry @Kimbus22‌, space beat me to it. @rainydayluck‌, she isn't the one who ate the hoagie. She's the one who called us all assholes and said she was said that people like us were bringing children into this world. A real peach.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Meery82 said:

Sorry @Kimbus22‌, space beat me to it. @rainydayluck‌, she isn't the one who ate the hoagie. She's the one who called us all assholes and said she was said that people like us were bringing children into this world. A real peach.

TB never forgets.

TB NEVER forgets.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    You don't need to have a masculine or feminine themed nursery. My baby's room is bright green and decorated with animals.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    edited April 2014
    Heaven forbid any girl ever has to wear "boy" clothes or sleep in a "boy's" room. I'm sure this won't scar anybody for life. If you want peace of mind, then get an elective ultrasound done. They aren't crazy expensive. Probably your 18-week scan was right though. It would be easy to miss male genitalia at a 17 week scan because of baby's positioning, but then see it a week or so later. On our little boy's scan it didn't look like a penis either, but you could definitely see a large scrotum with a little bit sticking out that was the head of his penis. Ultrasound techs are pretty good at determining the baby's sex, and will tell you if they're not positive. Sounds like you're having a boy!
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited April 2014
    At the 17 week ultrasound, what they look for to determine the sex just looks like a melted gray blob.
    Hence the tech saying "not 100% sure".

"Shock" would be more for if they found a second one in there than for finding out you may not need dresses after all.

Edit: @LoiLayn23 apologies, I missed your post. This has indeed been answered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"