April 2014 Moms
Options

Am I going to be pregnant forever?

ugh I feel like I'm never going to have this baby. Each time I go to the Dr. I hear "no change from last week!" (a fingertip dilated). My due date is 2 days away but I'm starting to feel discouraged! Any other 39+ weekers feel the same way?

Re: Am I going to be pregnant forever?

• Options
    Well I'm due tomorrow and I've been 4-5cm with no contractions. We are almost there!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm due Friday and I'm not dilated at all. So this sucks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It'll happen when baby is ready. I know it's discouraging, but enjoy your time now.

• Options
    I went past my due date with my dd. it's frustrating but I felt the constant cervical checks only made me feel more discouraged. This time I'm having the same experience (no progress every week), but I'm more zen about it. Baby has to come out, and he will when he's ready. And that's when the real work starts!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    I'm 39 weeks and am 3cm dilated but I've been that way for three weeks now. It doesn't really mean anything about how soon the baby will come. It only tells you where you are right now. And unfortunately most women go to 41+ (especially with their first). So even though I am right there with you and dying to have this baby yesterday, all we can do is wait and try to keep busy. Hang in there! Make plans of things to do so you can stay busy!
  • Options
    I always tell myself the one thing I can count on is time going by which is exactly what I need to happen. Like PP said, just plan on keeping busy during that time and LO will be here before you know it :)
  • Options
    I'm due tmrw & have no signs that baby is coming anytime soon. I keep trying sex & walking, figure it can't hurt! Just trying to be as patient as I can!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I do feel thankful that baby will be fully cooked...just so anxious about everything! 

@Colleenswerb - haha that made me laugh :) 
  • Options

Yes. You will be the first woman ever to stay pregnant for the rest of their life.

This was exactly what I was coming on to post.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    I'm due tomorrow too! I was 50%/1 cm last week so I'm not counting on him coming before (or on) 4/1. It doesn't make it easier when everyone constantly asks me about it at work. It's giving me more time to get stuff done around the house, that's for sure!
  • Options
    With my last, I had an appointment on Friday, and they told me that I was MAYBE half a cm dialated, I went into labor that Sunday. So don't get discouraged, they will come out!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dd2 was 17 days late, so this whole pregnancy I've just had it in my mind that I'll go past 42 weeks again.  It helps with the mental part.  I also haven't gotten checked at all, because that messed with your head too.  They'll get here eventually!
  • Options
    I recommend keeping yourself busy. Make a list of stuff you can do -- either projects around the house, crafts, taking a walk or eating a sandwich. Be social -- get out and have coffee with your friends or lunch with your SO. DO STUFF. Be busy. Do anything besides dwell on the fact that you're still pregnant. We're all still pregnant but no, we won't all be pregnant forever. 

If you are, indeed, pregnant forever I'll be the first to eat crow. 
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    I'm feeling the same way, but I'm 79 weeks, so I probably am going to be pregnant forever. You know, like Joe's wife on Family Guy. 

Remember your EDD is just an estimate so you can go into labor on a number of the days surrounding it, including afterwards. To get worked up before seems a little premature (no pun intended). I know your excited, but good things come to those who wait. That even includes babies sometimes.  You wont be pregnant forever.
  • Options
    I've been 3 cm dilated 80% thinned out for 3 weeks now I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. Ive learned it all means nothing until the real contractions start.
  • Options
    I'm 40+2, and I know how you feel.  It's definitely frustrating.  BUT, I keep telling myself that a full-term baby is a good thing, and I'm lucky that both baby and I are healthy enough that there is no reason to have this baby any sooner than he's ready.   

Of course you won't be pregnant forever :-)
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    Everybody's lying. You WILL be pregnant forever.

Not forever. She'll birth out a fully formed young adult in 18 years. If shes lucky. Otherwise she might have to have eviction sex to get that 34 year old out off World of Warcraft and out of her womb. But thats worst case scenario.
    This would be my dream! Pop them out at 18, don't have to do any of the work, and they are already out of the house!! That would be the perfect pregnancy!! I take what I said back, maybe I do want to be pregnant forever!!
  • Options
    hlm184 said:

Not forever. She'll birth out a fully formed young adult in 18 years. If shes lucky. Otherwise she might have to have eviction sex to get that 34 year old out off World of Warcraft and out of her womb. But thats worst case scenario.
    This would be my dream! Pop them out at 18, don't have to do any of the work, and they are already out of the house!! That would be the perfect pregnancy!! I take what I said back, maybe I do want to be pregnant forever!!
    But... but... BOOZE!
    And sushi! And sleeping on your belly! And SANITY! Oh wait...we wouldn't have our sanity either way, huh?
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    hlm184 said:

But... but... BOOZE!
    Gotta build up that tolerance early, if you are going to be popping them out college ready!
  • Options
    I was a 0 at 40w with DS1 and my OB started talking about when I would have my induction. I had him the next day. You can dilate really quickly or it can take forever.
  • Options
    As of this morning I have just decided it will be easier to be pregnant forever
  • Options
    macgrs said:
     but it made me laugh! 
    Mission accomplished. (II'm only 36 weeks.)
  • Options
    Well, I dont know about forever necessarily but the longest pregnancy to ever go on record was for 375 days; over a year

• Options
    A year!!! That's crazy! There is no way I could stay sane that long. I'm only 38+4 and want this kid out now!

Well, I dont know about forever necessarily but the longest pregnancy to ever go on record was for 375 days; over a year

• Options
    Every time someone says something like "no one was ever pregnant forever!" I think of stone babies. IT HAPPENS, GUYS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"