May 2014 Moms

Weekly Exercise Thread

We're getting near the end!!!!

How did you do this week? 

Week: 
Weekly Log:
Rants/Raves:
Goals for this Week:
GTYK: Did you think working out and being in your third trimester would be so difficult? Explain. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Exercise Thread

• Week: 33 weeks
    Weekly Log:
    Tuesday: 1 hour kickboxing class
    Wednesday: 1 hour prenatal yoga class
    Saturday: Shopping - lots of walking (that counts right?)
    Sunday: 1 hour kickboxing class
    Rants/Raves: So this is more of a rant/rave...I had an OB appointment on Friday and they moved my due date up. I know in the long run, it means nothing -baby will come, when baby is ready, but mentally I feel like I lost a week. I'm freaking out now and DH doesn't seem to get it. I'm happy that we possibly get to meet Squish sooner, its just I wasn't prepared for that. Ugh. 
    Goals for this Week: I need to make it to the gym more this week. I did give myself a break on Saturday and laid in bed with DH enjoying sleeping in and talking - stuff we won't be able to do for too much longer (w/o interruptions from LO). 
    GTYK: Did you think working out and being in your third trimester would be so difficult? Explain. I always thought I'd be that woman with her cute little belly still hitting the gym. For the most part - I am. I do still go (although the cute little belly could be debated), I just didn't think having 20 lbs on your abdomen would be so such a hindrance to your normal routine.  

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

DD Born @ 40+4

• Week: We'll say 31.
    Weekly Log: strength training 4x, cardio once.
    Rants/Raves: I just feel like crap. I kinda felt like crap all weekend so I really didn't get much exercise done at all. I did manage a walk yesterday but basically stopped all other activty last Thursday b/c I felt so bad.
    Goals for this Week: Just to keep up with everything. Continue my prenatal exercise DVD's (strength training) and hope to get a couple walks in, although it's my busy week at work and I don't get out of here until really late most nights so that might not work well.
    GTYK: Did you think working out and being in your third trimester would be so difficult? Explain. For me, I probably have a different experience than most - working out has proven to make things easier for me, ESPECIALLY in the 3rd tri. I didn't exercise at all during pregnancy with DS1 and I paid for it. I was in so much pain and so uncomfortable for the last few months, whereas this time I feel much better. Not AWESOME - but better. I think it's helping me a ton.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • Week: 35
    Weekly Log: 
    Tuesday: Ran 3.5 miles and 10 minutes on elliptical, abs, free weights 
    Thursday: Ran 3.5 miles and 5 minutes on bike
    Saturday: Ran 3.5 miles and 10 minutes on elliptical, abs, free weights 
    Rants/Raves: Rants: My legs feel so heavy!!!!!! It literally feels like I am carrying 5lb on each leg at random times when I am running. It doesn't happen the entire time, but it'll happen here and there for a minute or so. Also I am eating how I normally have and exercising the same amount but I am gaining weight on my thighs. I know, boohoo, but it's just another reminder that my body is not my own anymore.
    Goals for this Week: Try to eat healthier this week as I totally pigged out this entire weekend.
    GTYK: Did you think working out and being in your third trimester would be so difficult? Explain. Maybe I had very low expectations in terms of what pregnant women were able to do in 3rd tri, but I'm very thankful that I am still able to exercise consistently. Don't get me wrong, I am more physically tired and easily winded than ever before, but just happy I can still get myself to the gym.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Week: 31
    Weekly Log: Worked out 3x last week. Still doing Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home videos. 2 miles of "walking" in place, mixed with core and arm exercises and some low-impact aerobic moves.
    Rants: I'm exhausted and physically drained. It's not helping my motivation and it's making me have to cut my workouts about 5 minutes short.
    Raves: I WORKED OUT 3X LAST WEEK! I woke up last Monday morning with zero RLP and very few BH contrax, and it held up all week. I'm still feeling good this week.
    Goals for this Week: 3x again. Though I've been doing a ton of physical work around the house, so I'm not going to stress if I need to miss or modify a workout.
    GTKY. Did you think working out and being in your third trimester would be so difficult? Explain: I honestly thought it would be harder. I'm overweight (okay...obese) and not athletic and didn't work out a single time when I was pregnant with DS. Just going up the single flight of stairs in our old house wore me out. I'm actually very proud of myself for still being able to do a 2-mile workout at 31 weeks.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• How did you do this week? Not as active as I normally am...

Week: 30/31 weeks
    Weekly Log:

Monday - one hour prenatal yoga
    Tuesday - 30 minute walk
    Wednesday -
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -
    Sunday -

Rants/Raves:  Rant - bad week, bad weather for walking, bad eating habits left my belly aching / Rave - baby shower gifts are amazing

Goals for this Week: more walking and yoga on my own until the next session starts back up in April

GTYK: Did you think working out and being in your third trimester would be so difficult? Explain.  Yes and no.  I thought I would be running throughout my pregnancy, but having two in there has been way too much pressure for me to run - I didn't expect to feel that amount of pressure so early on.  I didn't expect I would obsess over my next bathroom break on every walk I take.  I also didn't expect that I would be waddling up the steep streets around my office while 31 weeks pregnant with twins, either.   Walking is truly the only thing that makes me feel like I can breathe normally.  Otherwise, I have so much pressure on my lungs/diaphragm/chest from these babies.

• @BeesKnees181 Oy. Still exercising with twins. Just reading that made me tired!  (:|

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• @ jenb_99 ...thanks...never expected to struggle to keep my eyes open while walking.  Exercise is hard work!

• Week: 31
    Weekly Log: I don't remember what days I did what. I went for a walk with DD. Walked hills on the treadmill a few times and did an hour of prenatal yoga a few times.
    Rants/Raves: I'm ready for tax season to be over so I can get back to working out better/ more consistently.
    Goals for this Week: Do as much as I can.
    GTYK: Did you think working out and being in your third trimester would be so difficult? Explain. Yes. I worked out with DD also so I kind of knew what to expect. I am much busier with work this pregnancy so that has been the biggest obstacle in the third trimester. It's nice to only be busy for three months out of the year but it takes a toll on working out.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm really proud of all of us! Keep at it, ladies. We're almost done :) 

DD Born @ 40+4

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"