Baby Showers
Options

Will my friend be offended?

My mom is the financial host to my baby shower. She does not speak a great deal of English. She is from Asia and the whole baby shower planning and event is something she has very little to no knowledge about. My friend is helping with speaking at the baby shower, hosting games etc. She offered to help knowing all this and helped with my bridal shower. My best friend has not offered or even has asked about the baby shower. I don't need any additional help, but I worry if she will At all feel offended when a close friend is helping to host at the baby shower? I know she would help if I asked but I don't think it is right to ask for help/ a baby shower. I think she has not asked because she is afraid of a financial burden.

Re: Will my friend be offended?

• Options
    VORVOR member
    Maybe your friend has something else going on in her life and is unable to help/plan or otherwise participate in your baby shower.  I'm not trying to be snarky here, but not everything revolves around your pregnant belly.  

Don't mention the shower to her unless she brings it up and wants to help.  

Yeah, this.  If your friend is offended for not helping w/ something that she didn't offer to help with....well, then, she's insane.  

THis just goes back to the basic concept of "don't overblow the importance of your shower".  People usually don't line up w/ anticipation over "OHHH!!! I can't wait to help!". 

• Options
    I just worry she might say something like, oh.. She helped. Why did'nt you ask me? Anyone else, I would never think this. It has to do more with her personality. I completely understand and hear your points. Thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^Yeah, so that's her personality quirk, and her own cross to bear. I still wouldn't use it as an excuse for my own rudeness, you know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"