October 2013 Moms
Options

The Walking Dead Finale (Spoilers)

tashad18tashad18 member
edited March 2014 in October 2013 Moms
I must say I am disappointed.  The Rick tearing out a guys jugular scene was intense, and the rest was slow.  The "cliffhanger" was not one that will have me antsy all summer.  I'm watching Talking Dead now, and holy shit, the guy that plays Rick is British. 

Re: The Walking Dead Finale (Spoilers)

• Options
    I was disappointed in the cliff hanger too.  Not as action packed as the mid-season finale.  I still want to see what happens in October when Season 5 premieres though.  The first time I heard Rick was British my mind was blown haha.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rick bit into a guy's jugular. Glad to have him back to beast!

Hopefully Carol and Tyrese stay away from Whackville.

• Options
    sleepy33 said:

Rick bit into a guy's jugular. Glad to have him back to beast!

Hopefully Carol and Tyrese stay away from Whackville.

Or they somehow help engineer an escape/takeover from the outside.

That would be ideal but I don't know how they would avoid the trap. Hopefully they will be more cautious. Did you see how many shooters were there?! Crazy and camouflaged.

• Options
    Butttttt that is a camp of cannibals right?????

Rick was a beast and I was happy to see it! I almost shed a tear when he told Daryl he was his brother! So sweet!
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:

And they obviously didn't want to kill them, they were like herding them with the bullets, basically.

Right, which is no bueno

• Options
    I was kinda disappointed too. Not that I wanted someone to die, just wasnt that 'on the edge of my seat' like I hoped.
    I still look forwards to next season to see what happens at terminus and to see where carol, tyrese, and Judith are. And I want to know what happened to Beth!
  • Options
    Very anti-climatic, but I am glad no one died. When that guy had Glens watch I thought they might all be on the BBQ already. Hopefully they can kill off the carnivals and take Terminus for themselves!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    What do you guys make of the room full of candles?
  • Options

It reminds me of like a voodoo like ceremony room. It's definitely has the feel of a cult.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    I'm so glad it wasn't a huge cliffhanger, I don't think my heart could take it. The anticipation of something happening and a main character dying kept me on edge.
    I'm curious about the timeline and how long Glenn and Maggie have been there. I'm also a bit pissed they didn't realize they were being channeled through the "A" path. I'm excited to learn more about Terminus.
  • Options
    Jalee85 said:
    It reminds me of like a voodoo like ceremony room. It's definitely has the feel of a cult.
    My thoughts on Terminus are that they maybe started out being what they said, and then they got groups coming in like Daryl was with and they killed a bunch of their friends. The room had names written on the floor so I think those are their buddies who got killed. So now they just draw people in and eat them because they need food and will never trust outsiders again. I am interested in seeing how they are going to get out of these one next season, but I agree that it will not be killing me all summer. I'm like PP in that I get enough anxiety from taking care of DS on some days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yeah, the Terminus people aren't good. I noticed that Maggie and Glen's group came in through the front and did as they were asked and still ended up in the box car just like Rick's naughty rule breaking group. Holding out hope that Carol can avoid the trap and save all their butts!
  • Options

Jalee85 said:

My thoughts on Terminus are that they maybe started out being what they said, and then they got groups coming in like Daryl was with and they killed a bunch of their friends. The room had names written on the floor so I think those are their buddies who got killed. So now they just draw people in and eat them because they need food and will never trust outsiders again. I am interested in seeing how they are going to get out of these one next season, but I agree that it will not be killing me all summer. I'm like PP in that I get enough anxiety from taking care of DS on some days.

It also had quotes like "Never Trust" and "Never Again," so I agree.

What happened to checking the place out? I was glad Rick referenced Woodbury and the need to know what they were getting into, but then they pretty much just went in anyway. And the way that place was surrounded, do you think that the Terminus folks really didn't know they were coming? I was underwhelmed by the episode but glad none of my faves were killed off.
    TTC since August 2011
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    IUI #1: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 11/3/12 - BFN
    IUI #2: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 12/5/12 - BFN
    IUI #3: Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 9 & 11) + Ovidrel (CD 13) + IUI: 1/10/13 - BFP! EDD 10/3/13
    **P/SAIF welcome!**
  • Options
    Also, was Eugene in the boxcar? I didn't notice him if he was.
  • Options
    Room full of candles=a memorial to never trust outsiders again IMO

And so anticlimactic me and dh feel like they couldn't think of a way to end the season so they were just like throw everyone in box until next season.
  • Options

He was there.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Am I the only one who did think it was a little bit of a cliffhanger? I mean, they're in a boxcar with a group of possible cannibals. We don't know how Maggie and Glenn's group ended up in the boxcar so I'm curious about that. Also, want to know where Tyrese and Carol are with Judith and we haven't heard about Beth yet.

A couple things I noticed in Terminus:
    - as they were running through did you see the stack of bloody bones? Deft points to cannibals
    - did you hear the people calling for help as they were running through too?
    - I think they're whole "message" and signs are all to get victims so they can eat
    - that voodoo room looked like a remeberence/cultish room to me too

I'm looking forward to next season. I guess it wasn't the biggest cliffhanger ever but I'm actually ok with that. I don't think every single show needs to have to freaking out during the season finale, although I was freaking out during the jugular ripping scene.
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Options
    I was pleased with the episode, too.  We know that the next season will be Terminus.  I'm thinking about getting the graphic novels because I'm sick of waiting.  I know they don't follow too closely but it will still be a great read.

• Options
    Jalee85 said:
    He was there.
    Was he for sure?? I saw the red head and the chick, but I don't remember seeing him...
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I saw him too.

I agree, not the most exciting episode ever, but definitely left me wanting more! I want to know more backstory about Terminus.

I was afraid Maggie/Glenn and crew were already dead, but figured they wouldn't kill them off without showing it since they're such main characters.

It's going to be a long six months!!
  • Options
    So, I actually like Carl better after this episode. The talk he had with Mishone gave a lot of insight into his behavior and the kid has been through a lot. I mean, it would really suck growing up during the zombie apocalypse.
  • Options
    MosyMama said:
    So, I actually like Carl better after this episode. The talk he had with Mishone gave a lot of insight into his behavior and the kid has been through a lot. I mean, it would really suck growing up during the zombie apocalypse.
    I used to hate Carl as well, but I'm liking him better since Michonne joined up with them. He can be such a little ass, and even though I figured he was just having a hell of a time with this life (like any kid would, especially after losing his mom under such awful circumstances), I didn't have much sympathy for him. I think Michonne is a mother figure to him, yet she still treats him like he's capable and gives him some independence, which is a combination that he needs. It seems to tone down the rebellious/reckless punk behavior that he shows when he thinks Rick is overbearing and treating him like a child.
    I used to not care for Carl either, but then I got to thinking about it.  He is roughly my son's age on the show, so basically preteen to early teen age.  There is a lot going on in that stage of life anyway.  Then pair it with the zombies, thinking your dad is dead, your mom being, well Lori, your dad coming back, the weirdness with Shane, having to put his mom down, etc. and I perfectly understand why he is the way he is.  I do really enjoy the scenes where he has moments of being a kid again/showing emotion (crying when Judith "died", eating the pudding, etc.)

On another note, I just read that the stunt double for Carl is a 29 year old woman! Also, in prior seasons his stunt double was a 21 year old woman who also played the governor's zombie daughter. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"