February 2014 Moms

For those who swaddle...

When do you swaddle LO? Before the last feeding before bedtime, after, when once asleep, or drowsy? I do after her last feeding when drowsy but feel like it makes her fussy

Re: For those who swaddle...

• I swaddle before last feeding. He nurses and conks right out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also swaddle before his last feeding. If he falls asleep nursing before being swaddled he wakes up if I swaddle.

TTC: 8/11    BFP: 5/13   EDD:2/2/14   Born 1/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • same as PP's. then when she's drowsy, I'm not moving her all around and waking her up.
  • DH does last feed. He swaddles after. I wouldn't do it that way, but I don't tell him that.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I nurse him until he starts to pass out, then swaddle. He gets pissed if he can't punch me in the mammaries a few times while nursing. If he wakes up while I'm swaddling him, I just nurse him for another minute and he conks back out.
  • I do it after the last feeding, when he is drowsy.  He usually doesn't seem to mind.
  • I nurse him to sleep, then swaddle. Sometimes he stays passed out, sometimes he starts to wake up. But never fully awake. Either way DH or I rock him after swaddling to ensure that he's out. I wait till after because he gets pissed off if he's swaddled while he's eating.
  • I nurse him until he starts to pass out, then swaddle. He gets pissed if he can't punch me in the mammaries a few times while nursing. If he wakes up while I'm swaddling him, I just nurse him for another minute and he conks back out.

Ded.

imageimage
  • We swaddle DD before her last feed.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I put her in the Halo sleep sack before I nurse her for the last time at night, but I don't swaddle her in until after she eats and has burped.
    Why have I not thought of this?  
  • Good idea!
  • We use the swaddleme. She wears a long sleeve gown under. We put on her gown and swaddle (under her arms-gotta have free arms!) before the last feeding. She goes down easily after.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• We Swaddle before last feeding... Sometimes I nurse one side then change diaper and Swaddle and then nurse other side. She passes out right after finishing.

As for clothing... Cotton footy pjs under a cotton Swaddle me/halo Swaddle sack. In the summer, may switch to just a onesie no pants.

• I use long sleeve gowns and swaddle me. I'm going to try the halo sleep sack tonight.

Do you guys swaddle for nap times. Nap times are always on me. I think it I swaddled her I could put her down.
  • I need to try that. I want to start getting her use to her crib.
  • We swaddle once feeding is complete and Lo is super drowsy. He hates being swaddled otherwise. 
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • @BlondeMum‌ We do exactly the same--long sleeved onesie and socks--under the SwaddleMe. According to our monitor, LO's room is usually 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.

Also just returning to say thank you to everyone who suggested swaddling before a top off feeding! I cut the MOTN feeding in half in terms of time and getting her back down! I had been doing diaper change first (which made her scream, because hungry), then nursing, then burp, then swaddle. Last night, I switched to nursing (to calm), burp, diaper change, swaddle, and then top off nursing and back down. Worked like a dream!! Thanks, F14!

This worked for me as well! I was spending nearly 90 minutes during the MOTN feeding before. I was done in 30 minutes last night. So much better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"