Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Started to walk and now not napping

Has anyone had this experience? My son will be one next week and started to take his first steps a few days ago (5-6 steps max. and landing in my arms). The day of and since these steps he's been skipping his morning nap (4 days). Today he woke up 2 hours earlier than normal, skipped his first nap and only slept for an hour for his second. He used to take 2, 2-2/2 hour naps like clockwork. He's been more energetic than usual, laughing to himself, jumping up on his knees, throwing himself forward from a crawl position, and making lots of noises. He's really great to be around but you can see on his face that he's exhausted. Just a phase? Thanks!

Re: Started to walk and now not napping

• I think it's pretty common to skip naps and fight sleep during big developmental milestones like walking. I bet he will go back to normal soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Just as PPs have said - this sounds normal.  We went through a rough sleep period when DD started walking unassisted in February.  Within a week she was back on her normal schedule but had dropped a nap (from 3 to 2).  Now we're on the verge of dropping the 2nd nap and only taking 1 in the middle of the day.
  • thanks for the responses, hopefully he'll get back on some sort of schedule soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"