November 2013 Moms
Options

Props to DH!

So DHs grandma bad mouthed me at a family baby shower 2 weeks ago and I told DH that I'm not like all the other women in his family and I'm not gonna act like nothing happened and be all sweet to her. She needs to be put In her place or I'm done. If you can't respect me as Matthew's mother then you don't get to see Matthew.

So he called her and told her he didn't appreciate her talking bad about his family and it had to stop if she wanted to be around Matthew. She denied everything and said more bad things about me. And that they wouldn't be at his dedication (I mailed invites last week) he said well I didn't think you would considering you wouldn't come to our wedding.

So no apologies or resolutions but DH is literally the first person to ever call grandma on her crap. And the first male in his family to put his wife and child before the feelings of an elder. As soon as I'm not sick he's definitely getting laid! Lol. Then I can finally say I've had sex pp. lol.

But we've decided that family parties at their house we won't be attending.

Re: Props to DH!

• Options
    It does take a lot to stand up to family! Especially someone like her who tries to play the victim everytime something doesn't go her way. And I forgot to include the reason for them not attending our wedding or Matthew's dedication. It's because his whole family is catholic and we didn't get married catholic because I'm not and DH has joined my church so Matthew is being dedicated instead of baptized.
  • Options
    Way to go DH!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good for your hubby!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    It's awesome your husband has your back!
  • Options
    Awesome! Good for you guys not letting family manipulate you. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"