July 2013 Moms

MIL vent

I am so pissed right now. Alex hasn't been feeling well. Yesterday he was super fussy and had some diarrhea from his medicine still. All of which MIL knew.
Well I caught her feeding him chili late in the afternoon. When I asked what she was doing she got cocky with all her friends around.
"It's just the liquid not the meat."
"He likes it! It's my famous chili!"
"Its my grandma right to feed it to him."
When I said no more she got pissy and asked why (seriously she is a grown woman). I told her it was too spicy and he already has an upset stomach and I didn't want to deal with that diaper.
Her response just showed how little (if any) respect she has for me, her son, let alone her grandson.
" Well I won't be changing it so it doesn't matter!" And starts laughing.

Flash forward to this afternoon when my super fussy baby stopped eating and started screaming and writhing in pain. Huge explosive chili smelling diarrhea everywhere. His sskin is all red and rashy.

I told mh what happened yesterday and now he is pissed too. We can't say anything because we won't win this battle but fuck I am pissed off. Poor baby still isn't comfy sitting down and she is a selfish witch and doesn't care.

TL;DR MIL fed LO super hot sauce chili for her own selfish reasons and now I am dealing with the consequences and trying to calm an upset baby.

Re: MIL vent

• Wow that is just wrong putting her grandson through that. Sure some MIL's like to drive us crazy but that actually hurt her grand baby.

• Loading the player...
  • fabkfabk member
    This woman has been spoiled her whole life. I am the only person wh says no to her. She doesn't like me. But I just can't believe she did this to Alex who she says she loves and adores.
  • I would be livid. Absolutely livid. Your poor LO.

Anyone with half a brain would know that wouldn't be a good idea, especially when he isn't feeling well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • fabkfabk member
    I know mh is tempted to say something but it will get turned into a huge fight that we just don't have time or energy for right now. We will be once again telling her that no food should be given unless we approve it. She would deny everything and make up some BS story to FIL and anyone who will listen if we confront her about it. It would all end up being my fault.
  • summerchildsummerchild member
    edited March 2014
    I'm sorry. My MIL is very similar and I seethe every time I have to see her. Wish I had good advice but have only sympathies!!! It truly sucks when they care more about what they want to do with the child versus what is in the child's safety and best interest.
  • What a cunt. You or your H NEED to say something to her. That is bullshit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Seriously that's so wrong I don't know how you didn't slap her!! Sorry baby had chili poops

imageimageimage

• Oh, man. I would be beyond pissed. You have a real nice MIL there, and it sounds like this hasn't been her first round on the awesome train.

Treat her son like a personal lackey? Fine. Ignore me? Fine. Harm my LO? Not fine. And no unsupervised interaction until she understands. 

Of course it's fine and dandy for me to act all tough in this metaphorical situation, but we're visiting the ILs in May and I am sooooo relieved that they won't be babysitting.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Sorry Alex is feeling bad :( I don't understand how people can be so insensitive and rude. She way overstepped!
  • Bmore721Bmore721 member
    edited March 2014
    I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Poor baby! Your MIL is a selfish twat. I understand not wanting to make this into a huge big family fight, but it is obvious that she does not respect you or your DH as parents, which means that this crappy behavior is bound to continue. Huge hugs!
  • Fuck her. Who the FUCK feeds CHILI to a baby?

"Well I won't be changing it so it doesn't matter!" ????????????

What about the helpless little baby's immature GI system that will BURN every step of the way. UGH. I have visions of pouring hot sauce in her eyes.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with her bullshit. Hug the baby for us. 
    >:D< :(( Hugs to you.
  • Wow. That's so mean. Your poor baby! I'd definitely make sure to let her know how her actions affected your LO.
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Is it wrong that I simultaneously thought, 1."take a picture of that rash and crying baby and make a collage print titles "what baby's tummy thought of grandma's chili?" and share it next time MIL has those friends around. "Oh, MIL! That reminds me, you know how you gave LO chili last time, look at what happened. It was just as I feared.".
    2. Mail her the diaper and clothes - then she CAN deal with them.

Witch. I am soooo sorry. Hugs to you and LO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What is wrong with that woman! I am so sorry!!! Poor baby.

• I can't believe it... I'm sorry she is such a witch! I wouldn't leave LO with her alone anymore.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Poor Alex. :( 
    I'm so sorry. I like the idea of mailing or leaving the mess on her doorstep. It sounds like that would probably cause more problems for you and your H though. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"