July 2013 Moms

$11.98

First time parent syndrome in full effect here.

$5.99 ? #1: do you take the bumpers off the crib after you lower it? Im still worried about LO banging her head when she falls down, but it also seems like they would be a "step" to climb out.

$5.99 ? #2: Do most families buy 2 convertible car seats? I was under the impression they stayed in the car semi permanently and were a PITA to move in/out of the car. But we have 2 vehicles and not sure how people get around that in a practical manner.

Here is a cute pic of my kid as a gesture of appreciation for all your responses!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: $11.98

• We kept bumpers. G tends to fling his head around a ton.
    We plan on buying 2 convertible seats. G goes in both cars with our opposite schedules. We'd have to take the seat out all the time to make sure whoever needed it, had it.

• We didn't keep the bumpers up.

We just have the one convertible seat (we never bought a bucket). It stays in my car because DHs is almost strictly used as his commuter. The kids are pretty much always in my SUV unless it isn't working. So we just transfer over if we're using DHs car for something. It doesn't take much to get the seats in and out.

(Although I long for the day when I won't have to use any kind of seat for them!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We didn't use bumpers with DS but took them out pretty early on with DD.

As far as the convertible seats we have one for each vehicle. We originally bought a cheap one for the third vehicle we didn't use much and to use when we traveled but hated it and ended up buying another Britax. We will get a fourth soon so each vehicle we use regularly will have one for each kid. Then we'll just move them to the third vehicle if needed since we don't use it much.

I think it really depends how much the kids will be in each vehicle, but our kids are on both cars pretty close to daily so it'd be a pain to move the car seats that much.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• We never used bumpers so I don't know about that one.

We bought two convertibles. No way would I want to lug and tug it out of the car.
  • We use breathable bumpers and DS1 never tried climbing out of the crib. But, they would be removed if it started being used for climbing.

We have a convertible carseat in both cars because we used to split dc pick up/drop off duties with DS1. Once we switch DS2 to a convertible we will probably only buy one more because they are very rarely in H's car now that I am a sahm.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 5eaaf87b-ad37-4eed-9526-ebc7b28aed0d.jpg photo d035cb36-2bee-4dc9-8bf7-15d34ec258be.jpg
  • Cute baby!!!
    Can't help on the bumpers bc we never used them. But as far as the convertible car seats, we are atill in an infant seat but will have to get two convertibles. It's too much of a pain to keep moving one.
  • No bumpers here, so no advice on that one.

We purchased a convertible for each car because MH does drop off at DC and I do pick up. We probably would have bought two even if that wasn't the case because we use our cars pretty equally.
  • atlvol said:
    No bumpers here, so no advice on that one. 

We purchased a convertible for each car because MH does drop off at DC and I do pick up. We probably would have bought two even if that wasn't the case because we use our cars pretty equally.
    Same for us. 
  • We bought one convertible seat for now until LO absolutely can't fit in the infant seat. He is quickly getting there so now we are getting ready to buy a second.

There is a 10% coupon on Cartwheel right now for Graco seats
  • Thanks for all the responses! I feel much more informed!
  • I never thought about an emergency. FTM FTW...guess I need to buy another seat after all.
  • I just put mesh bumpers on after we lowered cus she kept getting her legs stuck. We had to use baby oil to get it out once.

Right now we have one car seat for dd in my car since i mostly have her. Dh has used the infant seat a few times when need be. And once summer comes mil is giving us the seat she bought since she wont be watching dd anymore since she returns to work.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"