3rd Trimester

Protruding belly from the sides, not just the front! Normal?

Hello ladies! I'm almost 31 weeks pregnant, and just wondering if this is normal or not! This is my first pregnancy, and I notice that my belly not only protrudes from the front, but it also protrudes out from the sides as well. I am usually a small girl, and I can feel my ribs, and then my protruding belly sticks out on the sides a bit too! Is this normal??? Do other ladies have this too? Thanks!!

Re: Protruding belly from the sides, not just the front! Normal?

• I do, though it's not noticeable unless I'm undressed. My baby is transverse (lying mostly sideways, sometimes diagonal) and I've assumed that's why but I'm not sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sure, baby does all kinda of crazy stuff , and if your small there is not much room so baby is more creative

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Loading the player...
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    Yes my belly does bulge a bit on the sides and my lo isn't transverse either. I am pretty much only growing out in my belly without my hips or anything really seeming to have spread so I am guessing it is just how my uterus has decided to expand. It is only really noticeable when I'm nekkid though :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine does, worse when the babies go transverse. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Yes this is totally normal! When I just went to my OB I told him I felt like I wasn't growing at all. He explained that every woman's uterus grows differently. Some grow side to side,, other grow out, some carry high, others carry low. He said that his wife carries "wide" or side to side even though baby is totally healthy and not laying odd in your uterus. I also think I carry more side to side than out front. Also my little girl is always kicking low and to the right side. Shes rarely on the left. Hope this helps!
  • i am totally growing on the sides to and i am pretty sure baby is head down...i had horrible side pains for a couple days and then realized it was just my belly growing out the side...lol...all the joys of being pregnant!!!
  • I was sticking out the sides when baby was transverse and I'm still sticking out the sides now that baby is firmly head down.

If it's not normal then I'm a super freak. 
  • Yep, my sides stick out too and I'm also a smaller girl. It's normal as far as what I've been told. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"