February 2013 Moms
Options

Lazy Sunday

I had a ball last night with my BFF, and it's raining and raw out today. So we're having a lazy day. Everyone is still in their jammies, DS is having a matinee lunch while watching The Lorax, and zero housework is getting done. What is everyone else up to?

Re: Lazy Sunday

• Options
    We are braving the rainy weather and going out for lunch and shopping!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    DD is napping.  DH is grocery shopping.  I am doing laundry and cooking up a bunch of white beans and kidney beans for DD to have with her lunch for the next couple of weeks (I buy them dry, cook up a whole bunch of them, then stick them in the freezer). 

I should really dust and vacuum at some point, but that will have to wait until DH gets home from the grocery store.  So instead I think I'm going to catch up on some TV and possible take a catnap myself while I wait for DD to wait up and/or laundry/beans need me to do something to them. ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are all still in pjs. I have dinner in the crockpot. And my house is actually clean. Right now, dh is at work, DS is laying down for a nap, and dd and I are laying in my bed. Hopefully she will take a nap, so I can take a nap.
  • Options
    SidraJediSidraJedi member
    edited March 2014
    One by one we all suffered through a stomach virus last week. We're all better today.

DH and DD are at the park, I have already completed the grocery shopping. Lunch is next and then we are off to a (magical) buy/sell/trade movies/books/music/misc. media super store. Hopefully DD will sleep on my back while I shop. FX
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had church this morning. I just got done cleaning up from lunch and making our lunches for tomorrow since we'll both be at work. DD is napping and DH and I are about to go take naps too. After that, we might go out to eat since there's not really much in the house for supper (on Sundays I make lunch instead of supper) and I have to be back at church tonight. DH will probably stay home with DD and put her to bed.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    I have folded 5 loads of laundry and am dreading going into my kitchen. I spent Friday afternoon and Saturday scrapbooking at my mom's house while DH stayed home with the kids... which of course means the kitchen ithat took 3 hours to clean and I painstakingly kept clean all of last week, is totally trashed. Even worse, someone spoiled something sticky on the floor and did a crappy job cleaning it up, so the floor is nasty too.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I'm doing tons of laundry today too. We're back home from the outlet mall now and DS is napping. I should clean the bathrooms....

• Options
    I just got home from Mississippi yesterday where I did a short speaking event before a concert. I had to take Emmett with me because babysitters were too complicated.
    Holy crap. Probably the hardest trip I've ever taken due to morning sickness, traveling alone with baby for the first time PLUS he got the flu the night before we had to fly home. He was throwing up on me during the flight, etc. I am so wrecked and exhausted today. Literally I have done nothing except eat and sleep. We did go on a short walk because it's finally warm.
    Someone remind me that it's okay to be worthless the first trimester....
  • Options
    Drea926 said:
    Making Hamburger Helper for dinner. That's right, the Drea household is klassy. 
    We had Subway. Jax got meatballs sprinkled with shredded mozz. He housed them. But he also had an organic carrot, apple, squash pouch and eleventy hundred grapes. So it's cool.
  • Options
    DS went to bed around 8:30 last night, which is late for him, and woke up before 5 this AM. It's been a three-nap day, and I gladly joined him for the first two. Unfortunately the last one started in the car, so it was cut short when we got home. I did "put him down" so I could chill out for a minute, but he just sat at the foot of the bed and babble-yelled to himself.

Half the grocery shopping is done. We're abut to go play outside and then go to another store to finish it up. It's 80's here today, so I'm debating letting him go barefooted outside since he's still not walking. 

• Options
    Drea926 said:
    Making Hamburger Helper for dinner. That's right, the Drea household is klassy. 
    We had Subway. Jax got meatballs sprinkled with shredded mozz. He housed them. But he also had an organic carrot, apple, squash pouch and eleventy hundred grapes. So it's cool.
    That sounds delish - I am jealous of Jax's dinner!

I mixed in spinach and peas with the cheesy Italian shells so there's a bit of healthiness to it!

• Options

DS went to bed around 8:30 last night, which is late for him, and woke up before 5 this AM. It's been a three-nap day, and I gladly joined him for the first two. Unfortunately the last one started in the car, so it was cut short when we got home. I did "put him down" so I could chill out for a minute, but he just sat at the foot of the bed and babble-yelled to himself.

Half the grocery shopping is done. We're abut to go play outside and then go to another store to finish it up. It's 80's here today, so I'm debating letting him go barefooted outside since he's still not walking. 
    I'm *that* parent who lets her child run around barefoot when it's warm and dry enough. All the other kids start trying to take off their shoes and most of the other parents start side-eyeing me as they tell their kids to put their shoes back on.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I should add that I am now currently shopping online for a bar cart. Because I obviously have to have a bar cart for my sunroom. 

ETA- Anyone know of a good place to find a bar cart that's reasonably priced? Looking on Craigslist and finding some promising things, but would like to look otherwise as well.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    SidraJedi said:

I'm *that* parent who lets her child run around barefoot when it's warm and dry enough. All the other kids start trying to take off their shoes and most of the other parents start side-eyeing me as they tell their kids to put their shoes back on.
    See, I don't see what the big deal is, either! I practically refuse to wear shoes other than flip flops unless I absolutely have to, so why am I going to force DS to wear socks and shoes just to crawl around? The yard outside my apartment building occasionally has some unsafe trash lying around, so I might revisit the idea when he's walking, but idk. I was barefooted all the time as a kid. 

• Options
    I'm having blueberry bagels with whipped cream cheese and a dark chocolate peanut butter filled cupcake for dinner :)
    Amazing.

• Options
    Gftf7Gftf7 member
    Had a great day! Church in am. Then took scenic drive to restaurant that LO got DH a gift certificate to for DH's birthday (they have a special seasonal entree and we just about missed the season). Then 2 stops to visit with elderly relatives of DH's Mom. They always enjoy seeing LO. LO had a game-changing day and took a few hesitant steps to impress those we visited. Today was DH's Mom's birthday. It was a wonderful way to honor her memory.
  • Options

SidraJedi said:

See, I don't see what the big deal is, either! I practically refuse to wear shoes other than flip flops unless I absolutely have to, so why am I going to force DS to wear socks and shoes just to crawl around? The yard outside my apartment building occasionally has some unsafe trash lying around, so I might revisit the idea when he's walking, but idk. I was barefooted all the time as a kid. 

DH is more lax about shoes than I am but there are some places where the worst is just dirt (like the toddler area of the playground) and even though she walks I still follow her around very where so I can spot dog pop before she gets close to it etc. I may need her to wear shoes more as she gets older but for now...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"