September 2014 Moms
Options

Gender reveal party

Is anyone planning on having a Gender reveal party? If so, how are you going about planning it? I want to plan but I know we may or may not find out the sex at our 16 week appointment. If we do find out I want to have the party the next week because I know I won't be able to wait much longer! What to do about invitations?! Help and advice appreciated!

Re: Gender reveal party

• Options
    I am doing a cake but am not planning to send invitations. I am only having our immediate family and one friend. I just told them the date but told them it is subject to change incase the baby doesn't cooperate.

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Options
    Just have people over for dinner and do the reveal as a surprise, that way no one will feel obligated to bring a gift.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought about doing one but couldn't wait to tell my family the sex as soon as I found out! I know Pinterest has some great ideas though :)
  • Options
    JD83JD83 member
    Agreed about the invites. Nothing formal. Just do word of mouth or an email or something. The more formal you get, the more formal your guests will think the event is.
  • Options
    We are telling the grandparents at Easter. Since we visit both families, we are letting our mothers unwrap a present with a gender specific piece of clothing in it. That's as much as we can keep a secret.
  • Options
    I think we are going to probably find out and then I will put something together for our long distance families since we live on the other side of the country. We will maybe use balloons and have DS open a box and that way we can do it with both families =).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We aren't doing a party, but I am trying to think of a way to tell our parents. We all live in different states, so it has to be long distance.
  • Options
    I think gender reveals are cute as long as it's not over the top and limited to family and close friends otherwise it gets a little AWish. I would go with email/word of mouth, invitations are way to formal for that type of party. Like someone else said pinterest has really cute ideas esp for themed type snacks.
  • Options
    We're doing the Hershey bar idea that I'm sure many of you have seen if you're on Pinterest. We'll either color the "he" blue or the "she" pink. DH and I are going to reveal the sex at Easter! So excited! I guess that doesn't really count as a party, but the family will be together DH and I figured it would be the perfect time. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just made it a facebook event and was going to invite people over for dinner. Then all the ladies asked what they could bring..so I added byob but then if you think it is a girl, bring an app... boy bring a dessert (adding a bit of fun to it). I also will do blue/pink divided theme with beads to wear on what you think it is. After dinner we release balloons from a box. Ours is Thursday and I am very excited!
  • Options
    We decided to skip the party and instead sent out cards with blue and pink balloons inside to all our family members (the pink one had a hole in it) with instructions to inflate the balloons to find out boy or girl! That way it was a surprise (no one knows we had a ultrasound) and they all found out at (approximately) the same time!
  • Options
    We did a cake reveal for my first.. very informal.. was just both sets of parents and siblings and our family friend who baked the cake for us.. just invited by word of mouth.  I will say, a friend of mine did a much larger gender reveal.. sent out invitations and such, even did a diaper well at the party.. I guess it depends on your style and how many people you're planning to invite.. for us, we thought the gender reveal (ie cake cutting) was more personal, and wanted it to be just immediate family..

Also, we brought a manilla envelope with us to the ultrasound.. had the tech print an image, write the sex on it, and seal it in the envelope that way DH and I weren't tempted to peak!! We dropped it off at the bakery on the way home :)
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options
    JD83JD83 member
    We're not doing the typical reveal. We're going to know already, but I'm probably going to make cake pops for my neighborhood and then maybe send a picture frame to the grandparents, but kudos to you guys for going all out!
  • Options
    We did one for E before I knew it was a thing, probably won't do one for this baby.  We just invited (email, text or phone) our immediate family to come over for a BBQ, they didn't even know we knew the sex. 

For dessert, we pulled out cupcakes filled with blue frosting they found when they ate their cupcake.  It was cute, and made for some great memories, but it took all of 10 min max.  I always wonder what happens at a true gender reveal party, how do they last longer than 10-15 min?!
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are not doing one, just NMS. But I think it is silly to have a reveal party if you and DH already know the sex. The point of it is to get to share the experience of finding out the sex with your guests.
  • Options
    JD83 said:
    We're not doing the typical reveal. We're going to know already, but I'm probably going to make cake pops for my neighborhood and then maybe send a picture frame to the grandparents, but kudos to you guys for going all out!
    Your whole NEIGHBORHOOD cares about the sex of your baby???
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Options
    carmstr4 said:

JD83 said:

----

Yea that sounds like going all out to me....

• Options
    JD83JD83 member
    AnyMax said:
    JD83 said:
    ---- Yea that sounds like going all out to me....
    Not the entire neighborhood (which is pretty small), but I have a very close-knit group of about six other families that we hang out with quite a bit. We quite often share desserts anyway so I thought it might be fun to work that announcement in. I don't see them minding.
  • Options
    We are announcing to our families on Easter, my anatomy scan is scheduled for the Wednesday prior. I plan to fill plastic eggs with either pink or blue "It's a ___" Hershey kisses. I'm not sure if I will hand them out or include them in the Easter egg hunt. They will be shocked regardless since we told them our apt is not until the following week.

• Options

We are not doing one, just NMS. But I think it is silly to have a reveal party if you and DH already know the sex. The point of it is to get to share the experience of finding out the sex with your guests.

At my cousin's reveal party they had their sister find out so she could plan the party and that way, they found out the sex at the same time as the guests... I would never be able to do that though, but everyone is different!

• Options
    We had genetic testing done and announced the sex when we announced our pregnancy.
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"