June 2013 Moms

GTKY: What do you miss the most?

What do you miss the most from your pre-kid days? For me, it's a toss up between having more money and sleeping in. Of course, I love LO so much more than either of those things, but some mornings when he wakes us up at 5 am, I think, I can't wait until you are a teenager and have to be forced out of bed!

Re: GTKY: What do you miss the most?

• Nix55Nix55 member
    Money, sleep, and spontaneity! Mostly sleep though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Going to the theatre, visiting with friends without kids around, mid day sex!

• Yes sleep, but more being able to go to the movies without having to make plans for someone to watch Lily. We used to go to the movie theater once or twice a month. It's just not so easy now. We've even thought about bringing Lily with us. Don't think that will work just yet.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used to travel and hike with my sister a lot
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Going wherever I wanted to whenever I wanted to without having to pack up half his stuff or find someone to watch him.

• Sleep for sure. Playing The Sims. Having energy to have sex a few times a week.
  • Sleep! For sure!! And the ability to just get up and go whenever. I feel like my life is so scheduled now!!
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Going to the gym for as long as I want whenever I want. That was my stress reliever after work.
  • Sleep and sleeping in for sure!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just sleep. I don't really miss anything else.
  • Going out or even just saying late at work without feeling guilty that LO is being left at daycare longer than needed
  • Sleep and energy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Going out to dinner at a normal time. Also taking nice vacations.
  • I think everyone misses the same things mostly. I miss sleep the most and visiting with friends and family without all the distractions from LO. Sometimes I feel like its hard to ever really enjoy myself LO needs me to hold and interact with him constantly. We always have to leave fun things for nap time!
  • Alone time, sleep, time to exercise
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• My gallbladder :((

But seriously, l miss not having to be responsible for anyone but myself. I miss sleep too but not because of N. Because I'm so stressed out I can't sleep at night. But that isn't Ns fault :)
  • GalLauraGalLaura member
    edited March 2014
    Well since I was up 4x last night, sleep. Lol. I also really miss exercise like some of you ladies mentioned. It was such an amazing stress reliever and I was proud of my body. I also miss having a super tidy house.
  • Flexibility. Me time.
  • Binge watching netflix
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • I miss my body and taking a "quick trip" to the store. And obviously sleep.
  • Sleep, not being that fat.

• Time for zumba after work, having every room in my house clean at the same time, sleeping in & doing whatever we want on the weekends.  BUT, I wouldn't trade him for any of that!

• pkp2pkp2 member
    I miss staying up late and being able to sleep in. If I could get a couple of extra hours in the mornings, I wouldn't mind the multiple wake-ups during the night. Sigh. And going to the movies.
  • A clean house. And spontaneous nights out with DH.
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Being able to come home from work and just relax. Now I come home and its bottle washing, bottle refilling, making dinner, feeding LO, playing with her and finding minutes in between to do laundry, clean house etc. And doing and going wherever by myself for me time. Wouldn't trade her for anything but some sleep and me time would be nice.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Getting 'me' time without feeling guilty for not spending it with L. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"